Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The "are you even watching bellator?" discussion

That fight was so great. My heart was racing the whole time. Those guys just put on one of the best fights of the year. Melendez/Sanchez doesn't have anything on that fight!

I really wish Eddie would have sunk in that RNC. That would have been downright insane. I cannot wait for the third!

Chandler's eye, or lack thereof. Ouch.

That gif is sad, lmao.

I had rounds 2,3, and 5 going to Eddie. Good call by two judges.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Bullshit!!!

Not the fight but bellator! I set the mother fucking timer for an extra thirty minutes and don't get to see the fifth round. Angering. Get your tv shit together.

Thirty minutes should be enough, right?

Can anyone give me a fifth round breakdown?

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Bullshit!!!

Not the fight but bellator! I set the mother fucking timer for an extra thirty minutes and don't get to see the fifth round. Angering. Get your tv shit together.

Alvarez opened up hard on Chandler. Landed a few hard shots on the feet. Got a takedown and landed two dozen unanswered blows from a back mount. Tried two rear naked chokes without proper hooks on legs on one and under neck on the other. Chandler got up and Alvarez landed another takedown. Chandler landed a takedown in the last :45 but didn't do much with it. Chandler's left eye was fucked up bad after the 5th. Alvarez took hardly any damage in the round.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Bullshit!!!

I'm hearing that this happened to ALOT of people last night. The way they built the card with three five rounders just ate up too much time. I'm thinking they expected Mo to get the finish for a quicker card.

PS, for anyone who is interested, Guymon/Miller had one of the most fun second rounds I've seen in a while. Sloppy, but awesome.

This was pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    PS, for anyone who is interested, Guymon/Miller had one of the most fun second rounds I've seen in a while. Sloppy, but awesome.

I read about it since I didn't get to watch the fights, but seeing that ground exchange was great. Thanks for posting that.

After the first time I watched it I gave the first 2 to Chandler, the 4th and the 3rd and 5th went to Alvarez..

I went back and watched the second round THREE more times and each time I gave it to Alvarez.

So, close close fight but after re-watching that second round over and over, Alvarez takes it 48-47.. Damn.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

One thing about scoring the Alvarez/Chandler bout that I didn't realize until I rewatched it this morning was how skewed the commentary was for Chandler. Last night, I scored it for Eddie 2, 3 and 5 but figured Chandler would win by getting the second(which all judges gave Eddie), but I think that, with the mute button on, the rounds look a lot closer(outside of 4 and 5) and the perception of some might actually change. I found they emphasized Chandler's offense a lot more, especially in round 2, which I scored for Eddie.

Just something people might want to try and see if they get a different perception of the fight….

Thread Information