Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanderlei Silva: I'll make Chael Sonnen pay in the Octagon

Hybrid View

Default Wanderlei Silva: I'll make Chael Sonnen pay in the Octagon

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/11/3...razil-mma-news

The two have had a verbal war of words in the media and sometimes in person, but Wanderlei Silva is now happy to know he'll face Sonnen in the Octagon where he can pay him pay for this words:

"It will be tough. He’s a douche bag, but that’s part of the deal," he said. "I’m here to work. We do what we have to do. But it won’t be easy to live with him. Whatever I need to say, I’ll say right to his face."

Knowing that he will enter the Octagon months later to face Sonnen makes it easier, though.

"That’s the best part," Silva said. "I know that, in the end, I’ll make him pay inside the Octagon for everything he says. I expect a great win, and I want a knockout."

Being one of the biggest fans of Silva since the early days of his career, I think this is a very bad fight for Wandy. I give him credit for taking a fight that is almost a no win situation, at this point in his career. I'm sure it will make for a very interesting TUF Brazil though.
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

Quote Originally Posted by SMGRIFFIN View Post
    Being one of the biggest fans of Silva since the early days of his career, I think this is a very bad fight for Wandy. I give him credit for taking a fight that is almost a no win situation, at this point in his career. I'm sure it will make for a very interesting TUF Brazil though.
    To Wandy's credit, everyone said Stann was a very bad fight for Wanderlei too.

What weight class is this fight at - MW or LHW?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post

Wandy has shown to have suspect cardio in the past at MW.

Plus Chael has an extremely durable chin.
    So is this fight at MW?

Both Sonnen and Silva's last couple fights were above MW.

It would be great if Wandy pulled off another upset, but I think this one will either be like Sonnen v Shogun or Sonnen v Silva 1 (without the triangle)

I haven't heard the weight class discussed.

I saw the Stann fight as a good fight for Wandy, if he could control the rhythm of the fight and do exactly what he did. I of course saw that highlight reel knock as a possibility, but hoped he learned from the Leben fight and while letting his hands fly, didn't just stand there and eat shots. Brawling with Wandy will usually play into his strength (ala Jardin). A strong wrestler who can smoother him is going to be worse than just a heavy hitter, in my mind.

Also considering Sonnen has gone toe to toe with Anderson, Jones and Shogun, I doubt he's worried about Wandy at this point in his career.

Simply, you can't take anything away from Wandy. They guy will fight anyone. I just don't see how he pulls off a win against Sonnen. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

call me crazy but i still see Wandy getting paid for TUF and backing out of this fight with an "injury" and we never actually get to see these two guys fight.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    call me crazy but i still see Wandy getting paid for TUF and backing out of this fight with an "injury" and we never actually get to see these two guys fight.
    Wandy will pull a Tito.

Thread Information