+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanderlei Silva: I'll make Chael Sonnen pay in the Octagon

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    call me crazy but i still see Wandy getting paid for TUF and backing out of this fight with an "injury" and we never actually get to see these two guys fight.
    i hate to say it but i have to agree

Do you think they'll hug it out after the match?
    et noli esse incredulus sed fidelis
    "magic's just science we don't understand yet." Arthur C. Clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo View Post
    Do you think they'll hug it out after the match?
    Probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

call me crazy but i still see Wandy getting paid for TUF and backing out of this fight with an "injury" and we never actually get to see these two guys fight.
    Wandy will pull a Tito.
    Seriously???

What in Wanderlei Silva's background tells you he would back away from anything at all?

I swear to God this is the silliest commentary I've ever heard. If Wandy misses a fight due to injury, I GUARANTEE you he's injured.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Obviously they will hug and kiss eachother after the fight. I think it has been very obvious that 99% of MMA feuds are fake.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Seriously???

What in Wanderlei Silva's background tells you he would back away from anything at all?

I swear to God this is the silliest commentary I've ever heard. If Wandy misses a fight due to injury, I GUARANTEE you he's injured.
    If this was Pride wandy i would agree with you, but that is not the case.This is a smiling /happy go lucky / confront you in a van while injured / confront you with a video camera at a promotional event while "injured" and the person he is confronting already has a fight / only takes the fight when he gets ppv points / [enter other excuses on why this fight hasnt happened yet]

On a side note, hypothetically lets say wandy hits Sonnen at some point during the taping of TUF - would that get him out the fight? Because i could also see that happening as well but i dont really recall if there is a rule that the coaches cant come in physical contact with each other during the taping.

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

Why wouldn't he hold out for the points??? Isn't he a guy who has earned his check and the right to ask for his piece of the pie?

Seriously, painting Wanderlei Silva as the type of guy who would look for a way out of a fight is dumb; especially one where he will likely take very little damage even if he loses.

As far as confronting Chael while he's injured, you see that as being somehow a sign of cowardice. I see that as a look at his true character. A guy who isn't as much worried about his personal welfare as he is protecting his honor and that of his countrymen as a spokesman for Brazil. You don't think a fighter who's confronted and backed into a corner worries about whether or not the guy confronting him has recently had surgery, do you??? Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Why wouldn't he hold out for the points??? Isn't he a guy who has earned his check and the right to ask for his piece of the pie?

Seriously, painting Wanderlei Silva as the type of guy who would look for a way out of a fight is dumb; especially one where he will likely take very little damage even if he loses.

As far as confronting Chael while he's injured, you see that as being somehow a sign of cowardice. I see that as a look at his true character. A guy who isn't as much worried about his personal welfare as he is protecting his honor and that of his countrymen as a spokesman for Brazil. You don't think a fighter who's confronted and backed into a corner worries about whether or not the guy confronting him has recently had surgery, do you??? Come on.
    It's not worth arguing about it with him about it, he will never change his stance.. Even if you make logical points.

If this was Pride wandy i would agree with you, but that is not the case.This is a smiling /happy go lucky / confront you in a van while injured / confront you with a video camera at a promotional event while "injured" and the person he is confronting already has a fight / only takes the fight when he gets ppv points / [enter other excuses on why this fight hasnt happened yet]

On a side note, hypothetically lets say wandy hits Sonnen at some point during the taping of TUF - would that get him out the fight? Because i could also see that happening as well but i dont really recall if there is a rule that the coaches cant come in physical contact with each other during the taping.
    Your opinion is greatly influenced by your love for Sonnen. Yet, the thing is, everything you state you dislike about Silva is a direct rip off of Sonnen. Silva learned the game and got what he wanted.

You keep bringing up this 'van' incident in your Silva critiques but if anything Sonnen was the coward in the van that day.. Silva told Sonnen to keep his mouth shut and learn some respect or he would lose some teeth. Sonnen complied. Sonnen had the option to 'man up' and tell Silva to take a seat but he instead chose to thank Silva for his advice.

And for the challenging another fighter when he is injured... That shit happens all the time, what do you expect fighters to sit out and not try to set up their other fight while they are nursing an injury?

Jones was calling for a fight with Tex over Cormier or Goose while he was out on medical suspension.. GSP called for a fight with Diaz while he was injured and on and on.

If anything I think Silva handled the situation very smart. He got the fight he wanted, he got a spot on TUF Brazil which gives him time to get healthy and I bet if this fight gets enough hype through TUF, he might get PPV points.

As well, in one paragraph you call out Wandy's true desire to fight Sonnen, yet in the next paragraph you speculate Wandy will assault Sonnen? Im confused.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    It's not worth arguing about it with him about it, he will never change his stance.. Even if you make logical points.
    I guess. I'll just close it by saying it's WANDERLEI FUCKING SILVA. You don't get a nickname like the Axe Murderer for ducking fights.

Hell, for my part, I wish he HAD walked away from a few challenges for his own good.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information