+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wanderlei Silva: I'll make Chael Sonnen pay in the Octagon

Creation of a matchup that is irrelevant to rankings, yet will be a money-making, headline grabbing either PPV co-main or Fox main.

Wanderlei is hyperbolizing his disdain as much as Sonnen is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Wow....such a meathead way to look at things.

God when people say this, it's the dumbest thing anyone could say. Ever. In the history of ever.
    Yes, I am a total meathead... I run around trying to start fights all the time. Come at me bro.

It was an attempt to show the shitty logic of continuously bringing up the 'van incident' as a way to show Wandy was ducking Sonnen.

If someone claims Wanderlei threatening Sonnen in the van and not beating him up is a sign Wanderlei is actually ducking Sonnen, then the fact Sonnen just sat there and took it goes against this logic and argument.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 11-05-2013 at 10:13 PM.

Sonnen: "It's possible I could get stabbed or shot in Brazil"

Interviewer: You made attacks to Brazil. Do you believe somebody can take a gun and shot you?

“[Silence] I… I wouldn’t have thought on shots, but I think it is possible. I was more concerned with the possibility of lynching, maybe knife attack. But yeah I think it’s possible.”

“But because I am a gangster, I don’t live with fear. I do whatever I want, wherever I want… I would like to go to the beach.”

‘The American Gangster’ from Oregon revealed he demanded extra security to take part in this show and said great measures have been taken by UFC president Dana White. “He suggested very sophisticated measures, more than I could have suggested.”

Despite having stated unpleasant things about Anderson Silva, Sonnen invited the number one middleweight challenger to form part of his team on the reality show and he says the invitation was not a joke.

“No, I don’t promote fights, I don’t sell fights. Regarding Anderson, he has to be present. No matter if he’s in my team or Wanderlei’s, Anderson has a lot to offer. If we were competing the talk would be totally different, but he is an important figure, especially for the Brazilians,” he says.

When his interviewer suggested that Sonnen had backed down in the infamous video during which Wanderlei Silva confronted him on the slurs he had made against Brazil, Sonnen butted in.

“You have to understand something. First, I didn’t understand a word about what he said [in English]. Neither did you,” he said.

“Wanderlei put subtitles on that video… I didn’t understand what he said until I have watched the video with captions.”
    http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...hot-in-brazilq

Well, I understood him clearly when he said he wanted to F__k Chuck.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

I honestly think Wand has a chance in this fight. Chael doesn't have that much KO power and that is Wand's biggest weakness. I think Wand comes in motivated, and as long as he isn't gun shy and fights like he normally does, I actually think it's possible he could put up a competitive fight.

If Chael comes in and destroys Wand I'll officially lose all hope for him. I'm predicting Chael wins by decision 29-28.

Man, I cannot wait for Chael to smash Wandy. I wonder if the post fight will be a gracious one between the two, or if it continues.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information