Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bellator's Bjorn Rebney sounds pessimistic on future of 'Fight Master'

Default Bellator's Bjorn Rebney sounds pessimistic on future of 'Fight Master'

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/11/3...f-fight-master

"We've had a few different discussions about what would happen," Rebney said. "If it's going to come back, what it looks like if it comes back, what changes would be made, what wouldn't be made."

Rebney questioned the future of the entire genre, using it as an opportunity to take a swipe at "The Ultimate Fighter" 18's ratings on FOX Sports 1.

"Reality fight TV is having its difficulties right now," said Rebney. "You can see it in the UFC's ratings, they're having the lowest-rated TUF they've had in the history of the show. Reality TV on the fight front is not an easy nut to crack to draw huge viewership right now. But we're getting good numbers on the live events. So we'll see. I don't know."

I didn't watch a single episode and I'm a die-hard fight fan.

(I haven't watched TUF in years either)
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

I thought the last season of tuf was great, high production value and it seemed to focus more on the training. This season has a lot more lame drama and "do they like each other" co-ed puke.

You might be right. I lost all patience for it when they focused on jerking off in sushi. (even though it blew before that)

I actually liked fight master. No drama (as far as I can recal). Just the fighters training and hearing more about the coaching and their thought process. Alough I still can't stand Shamrock

6. Default

I've only heard negative things about the show. I haven't seen it either. Nor have I watched TUF in....geez I think ever.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Why was Joe Riggs even there?

I kind of felt the same way when Roy Nelson was booked on TUF.

I don't see the positive in that though. He's limited and will experience very little growth as a fighter but will beat the shit out of your prospects en route. Very little upside IMO.

I watched it and it was entertaining enough. There was less of a focus on what happened in the house and more on training etc.

Agree about Riggs though. It was obvious he was going to win from day 1; so much so that the show basically acted as a lead-in to his Bellator career.

Thread Information