Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones claims 'Lil Nog' was booked to give 'Mauler' easy fight while protecting rematc

Hybrid View

Default Jones claims 'Lil Nog' was booked to give 'Mauler' easy fight while protecting rematc

Jones claims 'Nogueira' was booked to give 'Mauler' easy fight while protecting UFC 165 rematch

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/11/4/50...ck-rematch-mma

Jones elaborates to MMA Fighting:

"I wanna see [Gustafsson] fight a top contender. Seems like these guys are not really having the toughest time to get to the belt. Teixeira goes from Bader to a championship fight. Gustafsson went from Shogun to a championship fight. I feel like they save all the dogs for me and they just give the toughest guys the easiest match-ups to get to a title shot. Let's see some of these top contenders fight each other."

When news broke that Gustafsson would be fighting Nogueira:

"I was like 'Really? You want him to have the rematch that bad?' No disrespect to Nogueira, but let's see Gustafsson versus Cormier. It makes so much sense. Me, Cormier, Gustafsson and Teixeira, the top four guys in the division. Let's put us all in a little round-robin pool and see who is the toughest out of us four. Why throw Little Nog into the picture? But whatever, I'm gonna fight the toughest one anyway."
    *Maybe Jones doesnt realize Lil Nog is ranked #5?

** Didnt Jones ask for the Glover fight next, now he is complianing about Glover getting shot off beating Bader?

*** If Jones is going to stick around at LHW he is going to have to fight Cormier eventually and have the Goose rematch so why complain about it.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 11-04-2013 at 03:33 PM.

dimerules28 Guest

Didnt he read the laundry list of stipulations Cormier put out saying he refused to fight Gustafsson. Dana already said Gustafsson was gonna be fighting in Europe and Cormier refused to fight anywhere but in America. Didnt Nog just beat Rashad. Thats definetly deserving of a no. 1 contenders match. Ive grown to like Jones more and more because hes not trying to be a phony GSP quoting Bruce Lee anymore, but this shit is retarded. Jones said he thinks he clearly beat Gustafsson wich I agree with, but alot of ppl think Gustafsson won. You'd think he would wanna fight Gustafsson again to show ppl he really is the better fighter. Who cares who he fights. Idk maybe its just me.

did he not get his title fight after beating bader as well

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post

Ha ha. For the win ^

He asked for both Gustaffson and Texeira and now he complaining that they didn't beat a top contender. He didn't beat a top contender for his shot. He beat the same guy Glover did.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Wow...Goose must have hit him hard enough that Jones forgot how he got his own title shot.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Wow...Goose must have hit him hard enough that Jones forgot how he got his own title shot.

rh
    yeah i mean glover beating bader and the UFC fast tracking Jones to a title shot because Rashad pulled out his title fight with Shogun that was scheduled to headline UFC 128 a month later are one in the same right? Or should i say totes the same in attempt to be funny and or cool like Riv always does.
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 11-04-2013 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    yeah i mean glover beating bader and the UFC fast tracking Jones to a title shot because Rashad pulled out his title fight with Shogun that was scheduled to headline UFC 128 a month later are one in the same right? Or should i say totes the same in attempt to be funny and or cool like Riv always does.
    Who else do you want jones to fight? He doesn't want the Goose rematch, he thinks lil nog is too easy of a fight, he says Cormier needs to earn his spot at 205, and Glover hasn't beat enough ranked guys. Who should he fight? I don't exactly remember how the division was when Jones challenged shogun for the title, but I'd say that Glover is at least as deserving as Jones was when he got it.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    Who else do you want jones to fight? He doesn't want the Goose rematch, he thinks lil nog is too easy of a fight, he says Cormier needs to earn his spot at 205, and Glover hasn't beat enough ranked guys. Who should he fight? I don't exactly remember how the division was when Jones challenged shogun for the title, but I'd say that Glover is at least as deserving as Jones was when he got it.
    you're right you must not remember how the division was because at the time when Jones was given the shot the LHW division was considered one of the deepest divisions inside the UFC - now that Jones has cleared a division minus Glover its looked at as one of the weaker divisions in the UFC. How can a fighter be ranked #1 contender when that said contender's highest ranked opponent isnt currently in the top 10 of the division? Like i said previously - its apples to oranges.

And to answer your original questions; Yes DC does needs a fight at 205, and imo it should be more than one fight. Lil nog is a throw away fight, it baffles my mind that somehow a guy who has had one fight since 2011 can somehow hold onto a #5 ranking in a division - i dont care how shallow of a division it is. And Jones said he would give the rematch after Glover, it does not matter what you or anyone else says about Jones/Goose 1 as Jones was the winner and there was no need for an immediate rematch - because lets be real we have seen WAY CLOSER decisions then the one we saw that night that didnt result in rematches
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 11-04-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    you're right you must not remember how the division was because at the time when Jones was given the shot the LHW division was considered one of the deepest divisions inside the UFC - now that Jones has cleared a division minus Glover its looked at as one of the weaker divisions in the UFC. How can a fighter be ranked #1 contender when that said contender's highest ranked opponent isnt currently in the top 10 of the division?
    when Jones was given the shot, the guys ruling the division were Shogun, Machida, Rashad, Rampage. Forrest was done as a contender. Liddell and WAnderlei Silva were long done as contenders. Hendo, Mousasi, Fejaio were all in the UFC. Bader and Jones were up and comers. Phil Davis and Goose were fresh faces in the UFC. Thiago Silva was nothing more than a middle of the pack fighter. Guys like Hamill, Jardine, V-Mat, Vera were outside of the top 10.

Now it's Jones, Glover, Goose. DC, Davis, and Rashad are 1-2 wins away. Hendo fought 2 close fights which coulda gone either way but he is still 2-3 wins away from a title shot. Machida and Mousasi are MW now. Shogun, Bader are struggling LHW but they are still in the top 10. So I dont know how you say Bader is not in the top 10.

Thread Information