Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones claims 'Lil Nog' was booked to give 'Mauler' easy fight while protecting rematc

Default Jones claims 'Lil Nog' was booked to give 'Mauler' easy fight while protecting rematc

Jones claims 'Nogueira' was booked to give 'Mauler' easy fight while protecting UFC 165 rematch

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/11/4/50...ck-rematch-mma

Jones elaborates to MMA Fighting:

"I wanna see [Gustafsson] fight a top contender. Seems like these guys are not really having the toughest time to get to the belt. Teixeira goes from Bader to a championship fight. Gustafsson went from Shogun to a championship fight. I feel like they save all the dogs for me and they just give the toughest guys the easiest match-ups to get to a title shot. Let's see some of these top contenders fight each other."

When news broke that Gustafsson would be fighting Nogueira:

"I was like 'Really? You want him to have the rematch that bad?' No disrespect to Nogueira, but let's see Gustafsson versus Cormier. It makes so much sense. Me, Cormier, Gustafsson and Teixeira, the top four guys in the division. Let's put us all in a little round-robin pool and see who is the toughest out of us four. Why throw Little Nog into the picture? But whatever, I'm gonna fight the toughest one anyway."
    *Maybe Jones doesnt realize Lil Nog is ranked #5?

** Didnt Jones ask for the Glover fight next, now he is complianing about Glover getting shot off beating Bader?

*** If Jones is going to stick around at LHW he is going to have to fight Cormier eventually and have the Goose rematch so why complain about it.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 11-04-2013 at 03:33 PM.

dimerules28 Guest

Didnt he read the laundry list of stipulations Cormier put out saying he refused to fight Gustafsson. Dana already said Gustafsson was gonna be fighting in Europe and Cormier refused to fight anywhere but in America. Didnt Nog just beat Rashad. Thats definetly deserving of a no. 1 contenders match. Ive grown to like Jones more and more because hes not trying to be a phony GSP quoting Bruce Lee anymore, but this shit is retarded. Jones said he thinks he clearly beat Gustafsson wich I agree with, but alot of ppl think Gustafsson won. You'd think he would wanna fight Gustafsson again to show ppl he really is the better fighter. Who cares who he fights. Idk maybe its just me.

did he not get his title fight after beating bader as well

He asked for both Gustaffson and Texeira and now he complaining that they didn't beat a top contender. He didn't beat a top contender for his shot. He beat the same guy Glover did.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. Thatís right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Wow...Goose must have hit him hard enough that Jones forgot how he got his own title shot.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    did he not get his title fight after beating bader as well

Ha ha. For the win ^

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Jones claims 'Nogueira' was booked to give 'Mauler' easy fight while protecting UFC 165 rematch

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/11/4/50...ck-rematch-mma

*Maybe Jones doesnt realize Lil Nog is ranked #5?

** Didnt Jones ask for the Glover fight next, now he is complianing about Glover getting shot off beating Bader?

*** If Jones is going to stick around at LHW he is going to have to fight Cormier eventually and have the Goose rematch so why complain about it.
    I dont see how Lil NOg is an easy fight? Even though his performance was just as bad in the Rashad fight, he got the decision. He lost 2 very close fights too against Davis and Bader. He could easily be undefeated in his UFC tenure as well. His value, however, is diminished due to his constant injuries, but otherwise he is a solid and always has been a Top 10 LHW.

Glover beat Bader to get title shot. Who did Jon Jones beat to get his title shot? Plus JJ just fought 2 MW, who were undeserved of a title shot, so I dont know what he means by getting the toughest matchups. He's the champ, he should fight all comers, whether they are easy or hard fights, except for of course undeserved MW.

Shogun is the most accomplished LHW outside of Jones and Hendo currently in the UFC? He certainly isnt a 'easy' win for someone. Beating him def justified Goose's title shot cause he had 5 fight winning streak prior to it.

Also find it funny how he is NOW considering Cormier a top LHW when few months ago he thought Daniel was not an accomplished fighter and how he wasn't on JOnes' radar. Now he's all of a sudden a top dog who should b beating other top LHW to clear out contenders for JOnes.

If I was Lil'Nog I would be pissed. What a slap in the face to call him an easy fight. Since Lil'Nog has been in the UFC the guy has been a monster and has only gotten better. Hope Lil'Nog gets his chance to fight Jones. If thought Belfort's armbar was tight, wait till Lil'Nog slaps one on.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Since Lil'Nog has been in the UFC the guy has been a monster and has only gotten better.
    Wait.....what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Wait.....what?
    He destroyed Tito, which is not that easy. Stopped him in a bad way. Beat Evans in a stand-up fight. I would say he has been getting better and is fight that no one currently wants at LHW.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Thread Information