+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones claims 'Lil Nog' was booked to give 'Mauler' easy fight while protecting rematc

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    He destroyed Tito, which is not that easy. Stopped him in a bad way. Beat Evans in a stand-up fight. I would say he has been getting better and is fight that no one currently wants at LHW.
    The Rashad fight was ridiculously close. Lil nog basically only won cause Rashad litterally did nothing but stick his left hand out in Nog's face. And yeah Tito is hard to stop but i dont think ot holds that much weight any more. I just think Jones should shut up amd fight who's in front of him instead talking shit about who everyone else is facing. He just fought two extremely undeserving fighters in Vitor and Sonnen. Just do your job.

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    He destroyed Tito, which is not that easy. Stopped him in a bad way. Beat Evans in a stand-up fight. I would say he has been getting better and is fight that no one currently wants at LHW.
    And I would say that since he's entered the UFC, he's gotten worse.

KOed an overrated Louis Cane.
    Won a controversial dec against Jason Brilz
    Lost consecutive fights to Ryan Bader and Phil Davis
    Beat an over the hill and washed up Tito Ortiz
    Won a boring, totally uninteresting fight with Rashad Evans.

Add in the injuries and the fights he's had to pull out of, and I'd say he's on the downhill slide of his career. I think he gets beat, hell handled by Goose, Jones, Sonnen (I just died a little inside), Glover and probably Davis in a rematch. This is as close as he'll get to a title shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

What a tool.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    did he not get his title fight after beating bader as well
    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Wow...Goose must have hit him hard enough that Jones forgot how he got his own title shot.

rh
    yeah i mean glover beating bader and the UFC fast tracking Jones to a title shot because Rashad pulled out his title fight with Shogun that was scheduled to headline UFC 128 a month later are one in the same right? Or should i say totes the same in attempt to be funny and or cool like Riv always does.
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 11-04-2013 at 06:00 PM.

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Wow...Goose must have hit him hard enough that Jones forgot how he got his own title shot.

rh
    LOL - eggsnackly!
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

The gym beats Lil Nog.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    yeah i mean glover beating bader and the UFC fast tracking Jones to a title shot because Rashad pulled out his title fight with Shogun that was scheduled to headline UFC 128 a month later are one in the same right? Or should i say totes the same in attempt to be funny and or cool like Riv always does.
    Who else do you want jones to fight? He doesn't want the Goose rematch, he thinks lil nog is too easy of a fight, he says Cormier needs to earn his spot at 205, and Glover hasn't beat enough ranked guys. Who should he fight? I don't exactly remember how the division was when Jones challenged shogun for the title, but I'd say that Glover is at least as deserving as Jones was when he got it.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    Who else do you want jones to fight? He doesn't want the Goose rematch, he thinks lil nog is too easy of a fight, he says Cormier needs to earn his spot at 205, and Glover hasn't beat enough ranked guys. Who should he fight? I don't exactly remember how the division was when Jones challenged shogun for the title, but I'd say that Glover is at least as deserving as Jones was when he got it.
    you're right you must not remember how the division was because at the time when Jones was given the shot the LHW division was considered one of the deepest divisions inside the UFC - now that Jones has cleared a division minus Glover its looked at as one of the weaker divisions in the UFC. How can a fighter be ranked #1 contender when that said contender's highest ranked opponent isnt currently in the top 10 of the division? Like i said previously - its apples to oranges.

And to answer your original questions; Yes DC does needs a fight at 205, and imo it should be more than one fight. Lil nog is a throw away fight, it baffles my mind that somehow a guy who has had one fight since 2011 can somehow hold onto a #5 ranking in a division - i dont care how shallow of a division it is. And Jones said he would give the rematch after Glover, it does not matter what you or anyone else says about Jones/Goose 1 as Jones was the winner and there was no need for an immediate rematch - because lets be real we have seen WAY CLOSER decisions then the one we saw that night that didnt result in rematches
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 11-04-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

Exactly why I dislike Jones now the last while, he talks to much shit that doesn't even make sense. Ever since he wouldn't fight Chael and the event was cancelled he's been pissing me off. He lost the Gus fight, no doubt IMO.. He knew he lost after that fight.

He asked for Glover instead of Gus, because he doesn't want to fight Gus again so he is worried about who he is fighting, what an idiot.. Fight who is put in front of you and don't bitch about who else is fighting who.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Wait.....what?
    He won the Bader fight, beat Rashad and TKO'd Tito................ Answer your question?
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information