Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones claims 'Lil Nog' was booked to give 'Mauler' easy fight while protecting rematc

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Translation: "I really want Gustafsson to lose so I do not have to fight him again"
    Must be a russian translation.

WE ARE ALL WITNESS: JANUARY 3, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Yes because Jones is clearly a coward and never wants to fight....
    I'm not saying he is a coward, but he is the only current champ (outside of Anderson Silva, when he was champ), that in the past year has been voicing about not wanting to fight some people, i.e. Machida not a PPV draw, Goose isnt ready for a title shot, Glover isnt a contender yet, Cormier is not worth my time to fight, and now in this interview he is clearly stating he wants contenders to knock each other out of contention to make life easier for him.

I think for a guy who gave Chael Sonnen the most UNDESERVED title shot, when prior to it profusely stating he would NEVER give him one, only to say yes cause of monetary reasons, kinda makes him lose all credibility.

First guy he fight close to his size, he gets punked and now doesn't want him to have any chance of a rematch. Always said his size is his biggest reason for success. "Future Heavyweight champ"? Yea fuckin right.

Hell Gus was wrestling him down and stuffing his tds, I never expected that. Gus won that fight imo, but not finishing Jones was his downfall. Fourth rd stats had showed sig strikes 88-18 in favor of Gus lol. If Gus had trained better for a 5 rd fight, I think he'd finish Jonesy.

Glover wasn't ready for a shot, then he picks him over the rematch (which I didn't want to see back to back). Then hes worthy, now he's not. Cormier is a nobody, now he wants Cormier to fight Gus? Lol I think he's bipolar or something, whatever it is, something ain't right.

One word: Hype.

Jones seems to only know how to hype through insult and arrogance.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    First guy he fight close to his size, he gets punked and now doesn't want him to have any chance of a rematch. Always said his size is his biggest reason for success. "Future Heavyweight champ"? Yea fuckin right.
    So is Goose's size his biggest reason for success?

Hell Gus was wrestling him down and stuffing his tds, I never expected that. Gus won that fight imo, but not finishing Jones was his downfall. Fourth rd stats had showed sig strikes 88-18 in favor of Gus lol. If Gus had trained better for a 5 rd fight, I think he'd finish Jonesy.
    Did the stats have it 88-18? because fightmetric has it as the following;

Significant Strikes Rd1: Jones 28 out of 28 total strikes (5 head 8 body 15 legs) Goose 19 out of 19 (8 head 4 body 7 legs)
    Takedowns Rd1: Jones 0-3 Goose 1-1

Significant Strikes Rd2: Jones 26 out of 26 total strikes (5 head 7 body 14 legs) Goose 15 out of 15 (9 head 3 body 3 legs)
    Takedowns RD2: Jones 0-3 Goose 0-1

Significant Strieks Rd3: Jones 29 of 30 total strikes (11 head 9 body 10 legs) Goose 26 of 26 (14 head 10 body 2 legs)
    Takedowns RD3: Jones 0-0 Goose 0-1

Significant Strikes Rd4: Jones 27 of 28 (18 head 3 body, 7 legs) Goose 26 of 26 (15 head 9 body 2 legs)
    Takedowns Rd4: Jones 0-3 Goose 0-1

Signifcant Strikes Rd5: Jones 24 of 25 (16 head 2 body 7 legs) Goose 24 of 28 (20 head, 7 body, 1 legs)
    Takedowns Rd5: Jones 1-2 Goose 0-4

Total significant strikes landed: Jones 134 significant strikes out of 137 total strikes - Goose 110 significant strikes out of 114 total strikes.
    Total takedowns: Jones 1-11 Goose 1-8

Ten point must scoring system: Jones 49-48
    Fightmetric winner - Jones.

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2013/09/...icial-ufc.html

EDIT: And just when we thought lil nog was a throw away fight they give goose Jimi Manuwa....

ccording to ‘The Telegraph,’ UFC light heavyweight contender, Alexander “The Mauler” Gustafsson (15-2 MMA, 7-2 UFC), will still headline the UFC’s return to London this March, now opposite undefeated slugger Jimi Manuwa (14-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC).
    Gustafsson was originally slated to face Antonio Rogerio Nogueira in the evenings main event, but “Lil Nog” was forced to withdraw from the fight due to a lingering back injury.

Since turning pro in 2008, Jimi Manuwa has been on a terror, going a perfect 14-0, with all 14 victories coming by form of stoppage. The “Poster Boy” was last seen in action at October’s “UFC Fight Night: Munoz vs. Machida” event in London, where he earned a second-round TKO victory over Canadian Ryan Jimmo. Prior to the bout with Jimmo, Manuwa had scored TKO wins over Cyrille Diabate and Kyle Kingsbury respectively. The London-based fighter could rocket to the top of the UFC’s light heavyweight division with a win over Gustafsson this March.

Meanwhile, Alexander Gustafsson is coming off a “Fight of the year” performance opposite champion Jon “Bones” Jones at September’s UFC 165 event in Toronto. Unfortunately for fans of “The Mauler,” the powerful Swede came out on the losing end of the judges decision that evening. Prior to the Jones loss, Gus had strung together 6 straight victories inside the octagon, including wins over Mauricio “Shogun” Rua, Thiago Silva and James Te-Huna.

Gustafsson vs. Manuwa is set for March 8 live from the O2 Arena in London, England. Stay tuned to bjpenn.com for further updates as they become available.

In the meantime, who do you have winning this one? Let’s hear it Penn Nation!

Read more at http://www.bjpenn.com/alexander-gust...bBml6ayR31S.99
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 11-05-2013 at 04:49 PM.

Jones won a closely contested and indecisive fight, to me it is indisputable. The possibility of a rematch looms because of their young age and Gustafsson's success relative to Bones' previous opponents.

During the fight in the 4th the stats that pop up stated 88-18 sig strikes

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    During the fight in the 4th the stats that pop up stated 88-18 sig strikes
    im not saying it didnt pop up and say 88-18. But we also saw that the UFC had Josh Barnnet weighing 155 for his fight with Mir. Should we assume that is right as well?

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    im not saying it didnt pop up and say 88-18. But we also saw that the UFC had Josh Barnnet weighing 155 for his fight with Mir. Should we assume that is right as well?
    Barnett weighs 155 minus his roid titties! He is self-conscious about those, so he asked for an adjustment.

[QUOTE=BonesKnows;1056340]So is Goose's size his biggest reason for success?

Did the stats have it 88-18? because fightmetric has it as the following; (Somehow I fucked up this quote but oh well)

Those fightmetric stats were completely different from the live stats UFC had during the fight...I still don't know about fightmetric because the stats that were showed live seemed pretty accurate.

But yeah, I also doubt Gus outstruck him 88-18 in the 4th round...that actually sounds pretty far off.

Such a close fight you could call it a draw imo. If Goose had some 5 round experience I wonder if he has enough gas to not take his foot of the pedal and get rocked and lose the 4th round. Now he has that Jones fight under his belt which is huge and hopefully Manuwa at least tests him a bit and takes him to the 4th/5th round of their fight. Then we shall have an epic rematch in the making.
    Last edited by dbader08; 11-05-2013 at 06:00 PM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Thread Information