Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones claims 'Lil Nog' was booked to give 'Mauler' easy fight while protecting rematc

[QUOTE=dbader08;1056354]
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    So is Goose's size his biggest reason for success?

Did the stats have it 88-18? because fightmetric has it as the following; (Somehow I fucked up this quote but oh well)

Those fightmetric stats were completely different from the live stats UFC had during the fight...I still don't know about fightmetric because the stats that were showed live seemed pretty accurate.

But yeah, I also doubt Gus outstruck him 88-18 in the 4th round...that actually sounds pretty far off.

Such a close fight you could call it a draw imo. If Goose had some 5 round experience I wonder if he has enough gas to not take his foot of the pedal and get rocked and lose the 4th round. Now he has that Jones fight under his belt which is huge and hopefully Manuwa at least tests him a bit and takes him to the 4th/5th round of their fight. Then we shall have an epic rematch in the making.

Those stats were 88-18 for the whole fight to that point. And doesn't seem far off when Jones didn't really land much but an elbow here and there or a high kick. In the 5th he landed more frequently. He also landed a good spinning elbow in the 4th but like I said, he didn't do much as far as turning up the offense. For most oblique and front kicks he was eating counter straights till Gus started slowing down.

Call it what you want. His first fight against a guy his height with a 76.5" reach and he was getting punked ( Gus reach did not miraculously grow 2.5" for the fight).

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post

Those stats were 88-18 for the whole fight to that point. And doesn't seem far off when Jones didn't really land much but an elbow here and there or a high kick. In the 5th he landed more frequently. He also landed a good spinning elbow in the 4th but like I said, he didn't do much as far as turning up the offense. For most oblique and front kicks he was eating counter straights till Gus started slowing down.
    So, up until that point in the 4th round Goose was out striking Jones 88-18 in terms of significant strikes...so judging by what fight metric shows you are trying to suggest that Jones landed 116 significant strikes in two rounds against Gooses 22 significant strikes? I don't understand how you cant comprehend simple statistics when they are presented right in front of you and then followed by a link to the website in case you thought i was somehow making up these numbers.

You still havent answered my original question; is Gooses success based on his size? Or is Jones the only one?

everyone who is yapping about jones saying this is because he doesn't want to rematch when in reality you all should know that when jones is under a publicist he just says random shit that pops into his head. you all are reading too much into this.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    everyone who is yapping about jones saying this is because he doesn't want to rematch when in reality you all should know that when jones is under a publicist he just says random shit that pops into his head. you all are reading too much into this.
    People just like to jump over all the dumb things he says.

Dana White Critical of UFC Champ Jon Jones’ Criticism: “It Makes It Sound Like You’re Worried”
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/dana-white-...-youre-worried

“Jon, I love ya, (but) you’re not a matchmaker,” said White on Saturday night when confronted with Jones’ criticism of the recent matchmaking for Alexander Gustafsson. “Fight your fight, he’ll fight his fight, and don’t worry about it.”

“It makes it sound like you’re worried about it. When you talk like that, it makes it sound like you’re worried about it.”
    “Manuwa is undefeated, knocks people out, nasty striker. They’ll both stand up and bang,” he said of the Brit facing Gustafsson. “Both these guys are strikers, I think it’s gonna be a stand-up war.”

While many have been critical of Manuwa being put in a position to be a fight or two away from a title shot, White pointed out that there are always critics, many of them ducking back in the shadows after having been very vocal about Gustafsson before his impressive performance against Jones.

“This happens all the time. The same (expletive) thing people said about Gustafsson,” said the brash UFC president, shrugging off the critics. “’Oh, Gustafsson is gonna fight Jon Jones. Jon Jones is gonna kill him.’ … Okay.”

I hope Jones talks more shit and does exactly what he wants to do. Because shutting up and acting the way his critics want him to, will only make him "phony". So Why bother not being yourself for their benifit. Do I agree with Jones? No. but hey he has every right to his opinion. And as one of the best fighters in the world he has plenty of room to talk. So I say good for him, piss people off and make them mad when you keep winning. Cause they will never like you and will crow hard if/when you lose. It's that simple, might as well enjoy yourself.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    So, up until that point in the 4th round Goose was out striking Jones 88-18 in terms of significant strikes...so judging by what fight metric shows you are trying to suggest that Jones landed 116 significant strikes in two rounds against Gooses 22 significant strikes? I don't understand how you cant comprehend simple statistics when they are presented right in front of you and then followed by a link to the website in case you thought i was somehow making up these numbers.

You still havent answered my original question; is Gooses success based on his size? Or is Jones the only one?
    Exactly my point, he didn't. I have more faith in the fight stats during the fight than the bs stats after. Too big a difference between the two. Now Jones is concerned about rematching Gus lol. If he would have lost I'd bet Jones goes to mw rather than hw.

Default Jon Jones on the 'silly' origin of the beef between him and Daniel Cormier

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/11/1...daniel-cormier
    The origin of the beef between Jones and Cormier has never really been clear, it just seems like there has always been an issue between the two fighters. Recently, Jones spoke to Ariel Helwani about how the whole thing started:

The whole story behind me and him is just so silly. I met him, and I came up to him with a big smile on my face. He's another black guy in the sport, and I felt the need to say hello to him, and I was just like ‘hey man, I hear you're a great wrestler' and all this stuff, and he's like ‘Yeah, yeah, you don't know who I am?' I'm like ‘No I don't know who you are, but my coaches were telling me that you wrestle on the Olympic level.' And I was like ‘I bet you that I could take you down.'

It was my way of trying to develop a new friendship, and he just took it so seriously, and he was just so offended that I didn't know who he was, and from that moment on he decided that there was a beef between us. I was just trying to reach out to him at that moment, and he just decided that there wouldn't be a friendship between us.

It's cool by me. If this guy has some kind of personal vendetta or chose to have a beef with me it's fine. It just kind of sucks because both of us being African-American guys in the sport I think we should get along and respect each other, but that's not the case.

Lol......so your way of bonding with someone is to walk up, tell them you heard they are good at something but have no idea who they are, and then decide to tell them, "Meh, I bet I can do it better."

No idea why there's beef?
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Thread Information