Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones claims 'Lil Nog' was booked to give 'Mauler' easy fight while protecting rematc

Jones should keep his attention solely focused on Glover. Any questions about other fighters in his division are irrelevant at the moment and should be answered with, "I'm not worried about anything other than the upcoming fight. Next question."

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    And you DO think those are legit threats to either Bones or Goose? Really?

Jones is going to walk through Glover. Im not impressed by Glover at all in his last few fights (te huna and Bader - even the page fight was lackluster at best) and like i said Goose is coming off a very close decision loss with the LHW GOAT and they give him a guy who is unranked, without a top 10 win, without a top 15 win and you think he stands a chance? Really?
    Clearly you've already crowned him as the GOAT so I'm sure no one, regardless of resume, stands a chance against him so it really doesn't matter who they match him up against.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

You think the greatest LHW in the history of MMA is scared of Goose. Please provide at least some reasoning to support such an out of this world assumption.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dana-wh...9626--mma.html

Even Dana White thinks this makes Jones sound a little to concerned about Goose.
    I find it hilarious (and i believe it was S=E who pointed this out) that whenever someone posts a statement from Dana like "SEE even Dana White said so" but in all the other threads its "fucking dana white lying to the media again. what a lying piece of shit he is"

You dont think Dana wants to play it off as Jones being worried about Goose? I mean he did just give both fighters (Jones and Goose) throw away fights to hold us over until the rematch. And yes, Glover is a throw away fight for Bones as was Lil nog - and now Manuma who Dana is already trying to sell as a legitimate fight for a guy coming of a very close loss to the LHW GOAT
    You asked for reasoning to support his claim. It was provided in the form of a quote from Jones's own boss and promoter telling him to quit worrying about what Goose is doing as it makes him sound worried / scared.

If your own boss and the company who makes millions off your accomplishments is telling you to shut up because you sound scared, it would be best to keep 'er down.

Dana White does lie to the media and does what is best for the UFC's bottom line. No one is denying that. Fact is, Jones running his mouth and worrying what other fighters are doing is not good for the bottom line of both Jones and the UFC.

And you DO think those are legit threats to either Bones or Goose? Really?

Jones is going to walk through Glover. Im not impressed by Glover at all in his last few fights (te huna and Bader - even the page fight was lackluster at best)
    This sounds exactly what everyone was saying about the Jones Goose fight. Jones is going to walk through Goose but as we all seen, we were all wrong. I wouldnt write off Glover or Manuma in either of those fights. I expect both Jones and Goose to get the win but I would not be suprised if either lost.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Clearly you've already crowned him as the GOAT so I'm sure no one, regardless of resume, stands a chance against him so it really doesn't matter who they match him up against.
    is he not the LHW GOAT?

I said it before, greatness needs to be tested and drawn out of someone. He's been INCREDIBLY dominant but one could just as easily state that he has faced a group of guys well past their prime and a few from the lower weight classes.

You could make the argument but I have not crowned him at this point, so no.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

You think the greatest LHW in the history of MMA is scared of Goose. Please provide at least some reasoning to support such an out of this world assumption.
    Goose was the first fighter ever to really punch Jones many times, to stuff almost all of his takedowns, he was the first ever to present him a real challenge.
    Jones wants no part of Gustafsson again, because he knows that there are good chances that next time he is going to lose.

Gustafsson is very tall, has good reach, has very good boxing, has chin and has very good TDD. Jones does not want to fight again him, that is for sure. Jones wants somebody like Lil Nog.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Goose was the first fighter ever to really punch Jones many times, to stuff almost all of his takedowns, he was the first ever to present him a real challenge.
    Funny, thats all i herd about Machida prior to this fight -that Machida was the only one to present a real challenge to Jones.

Jones wants no part of Gustafsson again, because he knows that there are good chances that next time he is going to lose.
    There is an even better chance of Gustafsson losing the second fight based off the fact that well, Jones did win the first fight.

Gustafsson is very tall, has good reach, has very good boxing, has chin and has very good TDD. Jones does not want to fight again him, that is for sure.
    Everything you just stated about Gustafsson can be said about Jones too. Literally EVERYTHING.

Jones wants somebody like Lil Nog.
    Based off what? When has Jones ever looked to take easier fights?

Based off what? When has Jones ever looked to take easier fights?
    Chael Sonnen comes to mind. I'm gonna let him slide on fighting Vitor since Vitor was the one who stepped up on short notice to take the fight, but to give a undeserved title shot to a MW challenger like Sonnen kinda made Jones lose a lot of credibility, considering he vowed to never give Sonnen a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I said it before, greatness needs to be tested and drawn out of someone. He's been INCREDIBLY dominant but one could just as easily state that he has faced a group of guys well past their prime and a few from the lower weight classes.

You could make the argument but I have not crowned him at this point, so no.
    I'd have to say this falls right in line with my thinking. You can't argue against Jones being a dominant champion, however, most of his championship wins have come past guys who weren't true LHW or had a few years between them and their better years.
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    Chael Sonnen comes to mind. I'm gonna let him slide on fighting Vitor since Vitor was the one who stepped up on short notice to take the fight, but to give a undeserved title shot to a MW challenger like Sonnen kinda made Jones lose a lot of credibility, considering he vowed to never give Sonnen a shot.
    Are you kidding me?!?! Chael was THE ONE who stepped up on short notice before anyone else and Jones did the one thing i will never personally get over and that is refuse the fight AS THE CHAMPION. By doing that, it absolutely made Chael deserving of the fight.

If you will "let the Vitor fight slide" how can you not say the same about Chael

Thread Information