Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones claims 'Lil Nog' was booked to give 'Mauler' easy fight while protecting rematc

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Are you kidding me?!?! Chael was THE ONE who stepped up on short notice before anyone else and Jones did the one thing i will never personally get over and that is refuse the fight AS THE CHAMPION. By doing that, it absolutely made Chael deserving of the fight.

If you will "let the Vitor fight slide" how can you not say the same about Chael
    Chael did step up and Jones refused. Chael was also coming off a loss to Silva. Vitor was at least on a 2 fight winning streak. I believe Chris Weidman also stepped up to fight Jones, and even he would have been a better candidate than Sonnen for a shot. But you have to think why the UFC and Jon Jones would give Vitor 2 weeks to prepare for a shot, yet give Chael months to prepare, and also giving both guys coaching gigs to further promote the fight. It was all about the money.

The whole matchup from the time it was announced to the end of the fight was the most shameful joke in UFC history, and sadly it involved Jones. He gave a guy an undeserved title shot, after repeating in interviews that he would never give Sonnen a shot at the LHW title while coming off a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I said it before, greatness needs to be tested and drawn out of someone. He's been INCREDIBLY dominant but one could just as easily state that he has faced a group of guys well past their prime and a few from the lower weight classes.

You could make the argument but I have not crowned him at this point, so no.
    meh. To give jones credit, he's closer to LHW goat than he is to top 5 p4p. Although I wouldn't put at either at this point.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

3. Default

I see it as it doesn't matter who else is fighting who. It's something Jones shouldn't of commented on if he wanted to stay respectfull

surely to god i can not be the only person who thinks glover got an easy road to the title...and bones has the nerve to say gus is getting an easy opponent?

The guy has been cruising through his fights with dirty strikes, huge size advantages against past their prime much smaller fighters. Fights one tall guy and finds out his wrestling is meh, striking is meh, even the oblique kicks were meh. Come to think of it the "GOAT" is not very great at anything other than fighting smaller ppl. Gus won that fight, but since he didn't finish the champ he didn't get the nod.

I don't even know how this guy can keep that thing in his mouth so long, damn.

WE ARE ALL WITNESS: JANUARY 3, 2015

Has this turned into the online Jon Jones photo album?

My turn, my turn.

My turn my turn!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Jon Jones: I'd kill Incognito, easily
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...ognito-easily/

Jon Jones: I'd kill Incognito, easily

Jon Jones was interviewed recently by The Sports Junkies, the morning drive time radio show aired at at 106.7 in the Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan. Jones was asked about Richie Incognito, and said he was not familar with media furor around the suspended Miami Dolphins offensive lineman. Jones knows though, that he can kick his ass.

“He’s just this big meathead,” said host John-Paul "JP" Flaim, described Incognito. “Probably 6’3, 6’4, 340. So if it’s Richie Incognito against Jon Jones, what’s gonna happen?”

Jones did not hesitate.

“I’d kill him,” said Bones. “Someone tweet him, let him know I’d smoke him. Easy.”

Jones then bantered with the Junkies.

Eric "EB" Bickel: Because why, you’d just get him down. That’s all it takes?

JP: He’s not gonna catch you.

Jason William “Lurch” Bishop: Because he has SKILLS. He’s a trained killer.

Jones: Yes (laughing)

EB: No, I understand. I understand you’re a trained killer.

Jones: I’m not a killer, I’ve never killed anyone.

EB: I know. I know. No, but Jon, can you please just beat his ass though? Because he’s obviously a bully, like who cares if he bullied Martin.

John Martin “Cakes” Auville: He’ll go to jail!

EB: No, no, no. He’s a douche bag.

Jones: Is he?

EB: And he’s just a guy that needs to get his ass beat. Can you please just do us all a favor and do it?

Jones: You know what? It would be my honor.

EB: Can you just do it? What would you do?

Jones: I’m gonna start threatening him on Twitter today.

EB: Yea, yea, yes!

Thread Information