Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Jones claims 'Lil Nog' was booked to give 'Mauler' easy fight while protecting rematc

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    Chael Sonnen comes to mind. I'm gonna let him slide on fighting Vitor since Vitor was the one who stepped up on short notice to take the fight, but to give a undeserved title shot to a MW challenger like Sonnen kinda made Jones lose a lot of credibility, considering he vowed to never give Sonnen a shot.
    It was Zuffa's decision -- not Jones. You very well know that. MMA is a business that runs on money and Zuffa capitalized on Sonnen's popularity. Guess what? It worked.

North American culture values popularity above credibility. Just look at what's around you next time you are at the grocery store checkout.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 11-13-2013 at 10:31 AM.

EB: And he’s just a guy that needs to get his ass beat. Can you please just do us all a favor and do it?

Jones: You know what? It would be my honor.

EB: Can you just do it? What would you do?

Jones: I’m gonna start threatening him on Twitter today.

Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Clearly he was joking Pashak.

Dana White warns Jon Jones to worry about Glover Teixeira, not 'ridiculous' Richie Incognito saga
    http://www.mmamania.com/2013/11/14/5...nito-fight-ufc
    White was a recent guest on FOX Sports Live to promote UFC 167 this weekend and was, unsurprisingly, asked to comment on Jones' remarks. His reaction:

"I'm not even involved in football or any of that stuff and I'm already tired of the Richie Incognito stories and the whole thing. We're tailing about football players here. It's ridiculous. And Jon Jones better worry about Glover Teixeira, not Richie Incognito, because he ain't going to fighting him anytime soon."

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post

Rampage: Jones a dirty fighter

Speaking with present media, Rampage was outspoken when he commented on Jon Jones’ next fight against Glover Teixeira. Coincidentally, both guys have wins over him but Jackson roots for the Brazilian challenger.

“I think Glover is gonna win. I’m supporting him and I’m betting on him. Jon Jones is an excellent fighter but he doesn’t always put on a show for the fans so they aren‘t always happy with him,” he says.

“He is a great athlete. He is also one of the dirtiest opponents I have fought. If I could, I would break his knee for him so doesn’t fight ever again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Make a claim.

Do not back it up.

Look like a bigger fool than you act.

Anyone got any energy drinks?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Make a claim.

Do not back it up.

Look like a bigger fool than you act.

Anyone got any energy drinks?
    I think rampage is talking about the oblique kicks and the spinning elbows, he really seems to hate all those "cheap/dirty" tactics. Personally, I am not a fan of oblique kicks, but the spinning elbows seem fine to me (if they are clean), although they can be prone to hit the back of the head, which I do not like.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    I think rampage is talking about the oblique kicks and the spinning elbows, he really seems to hate all those "cheap/dirty" tactics. Personally, I am not a fan of oblique kicks, but the spinning elbows seem fine to me (if they are clean), although they can be prone to hit the back of the head, which I do not like.
    Yes. Jones and Anderson both use those horrible oblique kicks, and they're bullshit. Jones' elbows have gotten a bit cleaner, but I remember thinking the Bonnar fight should have been an NC, he clearly nails Bonnar in the back of the head.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information