Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones claims 'Lil Nog' was booked to give 'Mauler' easy fight while protecting rematc

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    yeah i mean glover beating bader and the UFC fast tracking Jones to a title shot because Rashad pulled out his title fight with Shogun that was scheduled to headline UFC 128 a month later are one in the same right? Or should i say totes the same in attempt to be funny and or cool like Riv always does.
    awww...did I hurt your widdle feelings? No wonder you're a mark for Jones, you whine just like him.

I didn't say it was the exact same scenario. But when you look at the landscape of fighters who are available, the fight made sense, and it certainly wasn't worth whining about. But Jones never has a problem finding something to complain about and look like an overly entitled little brat. It's one of his many gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Would rather have seen Teixeria and Gustafsson go at it before Gus got the title shot, but I understand the concept of prospect building was at play.
    Who does Jones fight next if beats the winner of that fight?

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    jones is wrong about this. the division has gotten very thin.
    It's not so much thin as old. The majority of the guys in the top 10 are in their mid 30s. Most of them are on the decline of their careers, some of them on a very sharp decline on their career. When you add that to the physical advantages Jones boasts over them, the fights become even less competitive.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Machida has said he is still willing to fight at 205 I think he should have been used as an opponent for Gus or Cormier. He's a more credible opponent then Lil Nog. Phil Davis was also an option
    Goose has already fought Phil Davis.

Lyoto is now at MW and wants to be in a division where he can make a championship run. Jones had said he does not want to fight Lyoto again, so MW it is. Why would the UFC match Lyoto up against a top 3 guy when he will not be getting a title shot even if he beats em.

"All the contenders have easy fights and then I have to fight the tough ones"- said no true champion ever.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

It's not so much thin as old. The majority of the guys in the top 10 are in their mid 30s. Most of them are on the decline of their careers, some of them on a very sharp decline on their career. When you add that to the physical advantages Jones boasts over them, the fights become even less competitive.

rh
    This weight class not too long ago was the deepest in the world. Compared to a few years ago, the weight class has thinned out. And like you said guys like Shogun and Nog are getting old and definitly fallen off a bit since the days when this was a powerhouse weightclass.

Yeah, champs fighting the toughest competition is so weird, ha! He isn't wrong about his round robin comment, but it isn't wrong to have options since injuries are so prevalent. If I were him, I'd want all of those fights to prove I'm the best.

Honestly the number 1 contender is Davis and it is a shame he is not getting the next shot.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

I'd say Davis is right behind Teixeira given that Davis' only quality win is against Machida which was just short of robbery. Teixeira has beaten Bader and Rampage of note. Neither have the resume you would hope to see at the top of the weight class.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Jones feels threatened. the rematch is coming too soon for him. now Jones is whiney. He wants cormier to fight the mauler... how fitting. buying himself time by one of them loosing.
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

Translation: "I really want Gustafsson to lose so I do not have to fight him again"

What a little child Jones is.
    He is crying because he gets the tough fights and the contenders do not? That is not his business at all. Why is it so important for him who is fighting eachother? He is the champion, he has the belt, he has to defend it against the toughest fighters.

If he does not like that, he can quit and he can got to some promotion and fight only against D level fighters.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Goose has already fought Phil Davis.
    Yes they've fought before well over 3 years ago things have changed since then.. they've both grown as fighters and one is a legit contender with the other being on the edge of being one. If Gus wins he reaffirms that he should be next in line for a rematch if Davis wins he puts himself into immediate title contention.

It makes more sense then Lil Nog to me... and Davis is a legit option that was mentioned in response to the other poster.

Lyoto is now at MW and wants to be in a division where he can make a championship run. Jones had said he does not want to fight Lyoto again, so MW it is. Why would the UFC match Lyoto up against a top 3 guy when he will not be getting a title shot even if he beats em.
    Whether Jones wants to fight Lyoto again is irrelevant in my view he should fight whoever is put in front of him... Besides that I'm not really expecting Machida to get a title match at MW any easier if Silva regains the title.

Say Machida did move up and fight Gus and wins convincingly do you not think that would make him an immediate contender again based on where Gus ranks right now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Translation: "I really want Gustafsson to lose so I do not have to fight him again"
    Yes because Jones is clearly a coward and never wants to fight....

Thread Information