Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones claims 'Lil Nog' was booked to give 'Mauler' easy fight while protecting rematc

I hate to pile on but he says some dumb stuff.

Hopefully, he'll mature and stay the man he is but become more of a polished and respectful individual. We've all done that type of thing as kids/young men and it's just magnified with him because of his place as an elite athlete.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Translation: "I really want Gustafsson to lose so I do not have to fight him again"

What a little child Jones is.
    He is crying because he gets the tough fights and the contenders do not? That is not his business at all. Why is it so important for him who is fighting eachother? He is the champion, he has the belt, he has to defend it against the toughest fighters.

If he does not like that, he can quit and he can got to some promotion and fight only against D level fighters.
    Honestly brah I think you're on to something. I honestly believe Jones doesn't want another piece of The Mauler.
    Gothic flavor
    how I miss you
    if I only
    once could
    kiss you
    I'd be happy
    for one moment
    of my lifetime
    I'd be there.

Weezer
    Burndt Jam.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Triangle View Post
    Honestly brah I think you're on to something. I honestly believe Jones doesn't want another piece of The Mauler.
    You think the greatest LHW in the history of MMA is scared of Goose. Please provide at least some reasoning to support such an out of this world assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    You think the greatest LHW in the history of MMA is scared of Goose. Please provide at least some reasoning to support such an out of this world assumption.
    He never said scared. It's possible that Jones thinks the other fight will be easier than fighting Goose.
    You have to know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dana-wh...9626--mma.html

“Fight your fight, he'll fight his fight, and don't worry about it.”

“It makes it sound like you're worried about it. When you talk like that, it makes it sound like you're worried about it.”
    Even Dana White thinks this makes Jones sound a little to concerned about Goose.

Gotta agree with the comment from Dana, you're not a matchmaker. I can see Jon not wanting a quick rematch with Gus, but, there is no reason that fight couldn't happen in short order. Is Lil'Nog the best fight Gus could take - not likely. Would I love to see him and Jones fight again sooner than later - YUP!

I'll be hoping we see Jones vs. Gus 2 in the first half of 2014.
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dana-wh...9626--mma.html

Even Dana White thinks this makes Jones sound a little to concerned about Goose.
    I find it hilarious (and i believe it was S=E who pointed this out) that whenever someone posts a statement from Dana like "SEE even Dana White said so" but in all the other threads its "fucking dana white lying to the media again. what a lying piece of shit he is"

You dont think Dana wants to play it off as Jones being worried about Goose? I mean he did just give both fighters (Jones and Goose) throw away fights to hold us over until the rematch. And yes, Glover is a throw away fight for Bones as was Lil nog - and now Manuma who Dana is already trying to sell as a legitimate fight for a guy coming of a very close loss to the LHW GOAT

You don't think Manuwa and Glover are dangerous fighters????

What planet are you on Bones?

Also, you need to frame your Dana White comment. Peoples' comments on White almost ALWAYS have to do with what he says about his competitors and detractors. He's been pretty consistent in defending the UFC favorites outside of when he got pissed off at Anderson for the Maia fight. The reason people cite DFW as an example of how idiotic this statement is has to do with the fact that even the guy who always defends him is coming out and saying shut up.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Planet Bullshit, I believe. In the galaxy of Nuthugger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    You don't think Manuwa and Glover are dangerous fighters????

Also, you need to frame your Dana White comment. Peoples' comments on White almost ALWAYS have to do with what he says about his competitors and detractors. He's been pretty consistent in defending the UFC favorites outside of when he got pissed off at Anderson for the Maia fight. The reason people cite DFW as an example of how idiotic this statement is has to do with the fact that even the guy who always defends him is coming out and saying shut up.
    And you DO think those are legit threats to either Bones or Goose? Really?

Jones is going to walk through Glover. Im not impressed by Glover at all in his last few fights (te huna and Bader - even the page fight was lackluster at best) and like i said Goose is coming off a very close decision loss with the LHW GOAT and they give him a guy who is unranked, without a top 10 win, without a top 15 win and you think he stands a chance? Really?

Thread Information