Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: A Disgusted Bellator Boss Caught Shaking Head When Alvarez Announced Winner In Title

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Brookins lied about being injured and took a spot on tuf so he got sued because he was under contract and had been offered 3 fights. Herman violated his contract repeatedly in sengoku and tried in shark fights but was ordered not to fight. The nam situation was a little fucked due to,cancellations and could have been handled better, I agree.
    I guess it depends on the sides of the stories you are taking... I'm inclined to take Brookins word as he comes across as the type not looking to get rich off the sport and wanted to just compete.

Also based on him taking two fights outside of Bellator while under contract (with Bellator's consent) for regional fight promotions it doesn't really seem like Bellator was offering him a whole lot of fights or else who would have been fighting for him instead of where he did.

They attested court documents that they offered him 3 fights that he declined stating he was injured.

Please don't allow the personality portrayed through their competitor's EDITED television show that looked to paint their fighters in a positive light be the deciding factor on whether or not someone is a "good dude."
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    They attested court documents that they offered him 3 fights that he declined stating he was injured.

Please don't allow the personality portrayed through their competitor's EDITED television show that looked to paint their fighters in a positive light be the deciding factor on whether or not someone is a "good dude."
    Are you really suggesting TUF was edited in order to make Brookins look like a "good dude" in order to make Bjorn look bad ?

Are you really suggesting that the show isn't edited to make the guys who they intend to keep look better?

I don't think it had anything to do with Rebney, but I assure you that they edit things to paint people in a certain light.

Junie Browning was actually a Rhodes scholar with aspirations for a PhD in Quantum Physics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Junie Browning was actually a Rhodes scholar with aspirations for a PhD in Quantum Physics.
    Damn Spike TV for editing the show to make him look like he was an overly emotional dumbass redneck!

Yeah he is probably mad. He was hoping that Chandler was going to be his long time champ, which is why they signed him to the big 8 fight deal and I heard he's one of the highest paid LW's in the sport. We all know Eddie wants to go to the UFC.

Personally I scored it for Chandler, tough way to lose your title and undefeated record.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    Damn Spike TV for editing the show to make him look like he was an overly emotional dumbass redneck!
    Let's talk about Kimbo. Let's talk about Uriah Hall publicly blasting the creative editing.

It's not like I'm making this stuff up. Many fighters have come forward and talked about the "creative editing" on TUF geared to make some look good and others look bad.

As if it's still up for discussion, the fact is that Brookins was under a contract, signed by him, for sole promotion under Bellator. During that time, he was offered fights, and declined while competing and being PROMOTED on TUF. This isn't hard.

Moreover, didn't Bellator simply allow Lombard to walk when they could have tangled him up? Haven't they consistently let guys compete on local/regional cards when they didn't have a spot for them so they could make some extra cash? It's only when they go under a national banner like WSOF or UFC that the fangs have come out.

I still haven't seen the evidence that he was this huge scumbag others have attested to and I'm honestly open-minded about it.

Uncle Dana said it, it must be true.

Just like how Fedor was a can.

I think didn't like their handling of the Tyson Nam situation and for me, when I hear about them offering and then pulling him from tourneys, the entire visa BS he went through, then they release him after not doing anything with him….. but immediately wanted him back after he dusted Dantas(despite the whole "win the tourney to get a shot" gimmick"), they come off as rinkydink and petty.

Not that UFC isn't, but at the minor league level of a lot of BFC's undercard talent are at, filled with young, hungry fighters making little money and looking for a shot, I think there's a two-facedness to BFC that I'm not a fan of, especially for the stage of the guys they've got on their roster and just don't use…..

Thread Information