Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hendo: TRT use doesn't matter that much

Default Hendo: TRT use doesn't matter that much

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...ter-that-much/
    Both Henderson and Belfort have been issued Testosterone Use Exemptions by the regulating body in Brazil, Comissao Atletica Brasileira de MMA (CABMMA). Belfort has been subject to pointed and protracted fan criticism for his use of TRT, while Henderson has received litle, something Helwani asked him address.

"I think it all has to do with him not getting an exemption to fight outside of Brazil," said Hendo. "Based on him testing positive before they won’t give him an exemption in the States."

Henderson said he wasn’t overly worried about what Belfort was up to in terms of TRT or otherwise. Heading into Saturday’s bout, he says that he’s been tested regularly about every two weeks to check his levels. In his last fight against Evans at UFC 161 in Winnipeg, the Manitoba commission didn’t allow Henderson a therapeutic use exemption.

Though he lost the bout, "Hendo" said he didn’t notice the difference. Therefore, when Belfort recently mentioned that he would go off of TRT if it meant a title shot, Henderson didn’t see anything overly remarkable in the statement. Even with the claims that once you’re on TRT that you’ll need it for the rest of your life.

"I don’t take that much, and I didn’t take it for the Canada fight my last fight, and I really didn’t notice a change," he said. "It wouldn’t matter that much to me whether I was on it or not, especially just for one fight. It’s a matter of being healthier, just as a lifestyle for me, and what the doctors prescribe to be healthier as a person. So it’s not anything that a few months is going to matter."

Belfort bout last fight on Henderson's contract
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...sons-contract/
    Josh Gross @JoshGrossESPN

Hendo said this is the last fight on his UFC contract. UFC wants to wait to see how he fares before talking terms of a new deal. Big stakes.

I have heard people say that in training you can see an insane difference when the same person is using TRT and when he is not.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Based on him testing positive before they won’t give him an exemption in the States
    ...and yet they'll still give one to sonnen, even though he's lied repeatedly about it?
    that makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    I have heard people say that in training you can see an insane difference when the same person is using TRT and when he is not.
    as always, there is a significant difference between use and abuse.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    presicely what you can expect when someone doesnt need it.
    i know a lot of people on TRT (oh the life of an old lineman) and it keeps them up with their families and with where they should be at this point in their lives. Nobody who takes these properly has a new "beast mode".
    those are the people taking it while not needing it.

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    i know a lot of people on TRT (oh the life of an old lineman) and it keeps them up with their families and with where they should be at this point in their lives. Nobody who takes these properly has a new "beast mode".

H.
    I don't mind people using TRT in everyday life power to them, I just have a problem with professional athletes "needing" TRT which so many seem to "need" these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

H.
    Agreed 150%!!! Too many people think that taking TRT correctly turns you into a superhuman and that's ridiculous. I've had to take it for a while now and other than not feeling so run down all the time, I haven't noticed much difference at all. My gym numbers didn't sky rocket. I can't beat down a bear with my bare hands either. And I don't turn into the hulk when my steak isn't cooked well done. It's the guys that don't need it but use it as a loop hole to stack that are causing all of the issues.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Don't you think it has more to do with being able to avoid one of the detriments of old age while reaping the benefit of years of experience?

If experience is the ultimate advantage in a fight, TRT affords certain fighters a vast competitive edge vs. younger fighters.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Hendo: I'll consider retirement, in two years
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-in-two-years/
    The UFC has 395 fighters under contract, which is "nearly 400 fighters" as UFC announcer Mike Goldberg Goldie helpfully explained. The oldest fighter of them all is Dan Henderson, 43. An obvious question is when he might retire? However, ahead of his UFC Fight Night 32 rematch with Vitor Belfort, Hendo told MMAJunkie that it will be years.

"I've never, ever said I was going to stop fighting," said Henderson, who has never been knocked out. "Win or lose, I'm still going to fight."

"I feel great, and for me that's a big part of being able to perform well is how I feel. I feel great for this fight.

"I feel good and I know I'm able to compete with the top guys in the sport. I'm thinking it will be at least two years before I talk about retiring."

"[My goal is] try to be the best guy out there, which means getting a belt or having a title shot. Those are the goals and that's what I'm striving toward achieving."

dimerules28 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Don't you think it has more to do with being able to avoid one of the detriments of old age while reaping the benefit of years of experience?

If experience is the ultimate advantage in a fight, TRT affords certain fighters a vast competitive edge vs. younger fighters.
    Yeah but its legal!! (Im 100% against TRT, either let everyone do roids, TRT is roids, or dont let anyone do roids.)

Thread Information