Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hendo: TRT use doesn't matter that much

Quote Originally Posted by TN94z View Post
    Agreed 150%!!! Too many people think that taking TRT correctly turns you into a superhuman and that's ridiculous. I've had to take it for a while now and other than not feeling so run down all the time, I haven't noticed much difference at all. My gym numbers didn't sky rocket. I can't beat down a bear with my bare hands either. And I don't turn into the hulk when my steak isn't cooked well done. It's the guys that don't need it but use it as a loop hole to stack that are causing all of the issues.
    Whoa whoa whoa.... hold on now. You actually like steak well done?

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Don't you think it has more to do with being able to avoid one of the detriments of old age while reaping the benefit of years of experience?

If experience is the ultimate advantage in a fight, TRT affords certain fighters a vast competitive edge vs. younger fighters.
    TRT doesnt stop the detriments of old age my friend. Depending on the person some peoples testosterone levels drop faster than others as they age. All TRT does is put you back to where you should be natually. The reason most athletes need it over normal people is that they typically always functioned higher with more natural testosterone in their bodies to the drop is that much more significant. No fountain of youth. Just a regualr life.

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

dimerules28 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    TRT doesnt stop the detriments of old age my friend. Depending on the person some peoples testosterone levels drop faster than others as they age. All TRT does is put you back to where you should be natually. The reason most athletes need it over normal people is that they typically always functioned higher with more natural testosterone in their bodies to the drop is that much more significant. No fountain of youth. Just a regualr life.

H.
    Lol this is a joke right? Like i said 90% of ppl have no idea what trt does and what its for. You sir are part of that group.

First of all these guys are fighting in the ufc, profesional athletes, that is not "just a regular life". These guys are the cream of the crop at what they do and compete at the highest level.

The next thing is Henderson, Nate Marquardt and Shane roller are all trt users that then stopped after having already fought on it and took a fight without trt. (Henderson is obviously going back on it for this fight against Vitor, but he fought Rashad without it.) These guys are proof that they could 100% function without it and they werent curled up in a bed unable to lead "just a regular life". You make it seem like these guys would be fucked without trt when they 100% arent.

As you get older naturally your body starts producing less testosterone. That happens to everyone. So IMO what Simplejack was saying (my appologies to simplejack im a horrible writer and my vocabulary stinks so im prolly butchering this lol) is that theres a balance that happens between the advantages of youthfullness and experience. When youre young your body is firing on all cylinders and is able to perform at the highest level. When youre older youre body isnt supposed to be as good as it was when you were young, but you now have way more experience wich as we all know is the best teacher of all and is really something you can only get over time. So if you have all that experience, and are now taking steroids (trt is steroids) youre fucking with that balance between youth and experience and are at a severe advantage.

Fuck i butchered the shit out of that lol..

That "just a regular life" comment is really bugging me. If some guy is in a wheelchair then gets back the use of his legs, he can now lead a regular life. If dan henderson can fight in the ufc wothoit trt, but feels better on it, thats not "just a regular life" lol.
    Last edited by dimerules28; 11-08-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

H.
    I love ya, man but I said ONE of the detriments of old age and I framed it within the life of a fighter. That means the body's tapering off of testosterone production is a natural system due to many factors. This system is thwarted by the treatment.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

sorry but TRT is really a non issue. Most of the guys who have used it lost their fights. Vitor and Hendo are probably the most succesful fighters on it. I'd rather see them compete at their best as long as they can then see the run down shadows trying to hang around. Eventually a healthier, younger, more talented fighter will beat them. Experience is a two way street. you can have experience in tough situation, but you can also have "bad habits" that get you beat. Ask John Fitch and Anderson Silva about "bad habits", hell every fighter has them and the older fighters get, the harder it is to change. If they test these guys every week and they have the levels for someone their age, then what's the big deal again? Should female fighters on harmones not be allowed to fight?
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

This might be the most polarizing thread weve had in a while.
    I like it.

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

But isn't it supposed to assist the recovery process? A younger guy can go longer in the gym and have better recovery for the next sessions, while as we age, we take longer to recover, it becomes more painful and thus we have to train "smarter, not harder".
    If the body naturally breaks down, doing TRT evens the level physically and gives the "edge" to fighters with better technique and gameplan.

no it doesn't do that....it gives them normal levels for men their age ginmortal. Not the levels of a 20 year old. That's why they test and should test them every week. There is an average range for men in a certain age group. They still get more tired and sore than younger guys, they just have NORMAL testosorone levels for men their age instead of lower levels for guys their age. Not every guy in his 30s and 40s have low T.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

That's not entirely true. their levels are higher following injections and taper off. With smart planning, they can absolutely use it for a performance enhancement during training.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Thread Information