Thread: St-Pierre reaffirms he will never fight Rory MacDonald, but believes he will be UFC c

Default St-Pierre reaffirms he will never fight Rory MacDonald, but believes he will be UFC c

St-Pierre reaffirms he will never fight Rory MacDonald, but believes he will be UFC champion
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/11/5...varez-mma-news
    Separated by just Johny Hendricks and Carlos Condit in the UFC's welterweight rankings, champion Georges St-Pierre is again adamant he will never face longtime training partner Rory MacDonald.

"No. No, I'm not interested," says St-Pierre, laughing at the notion. MacDonald, in lockstep with St-Pierre, says their understanding surpasses loyalty. "A friendship. Georges has done a lot for me as a young person. He welcomed me to Montreal. He was one of the only people to help me a lot when I first got here. These things I don't forget."

St-Pierre, who has mentored MacDonald since his move from British Columbia to Montreal's TriStar gym in August 2010, says he's learned as much from his protégé as he's passed on.

"If you reverse the situation, we fight each other everyday in the training," says St-Pierre. "He helped me get better as a martial artist and I help him get better as a martial artist as well. I'm not interested in fighting him. There's other ways of doing things. I have plans for the future, other things. I can't talk about it right now, but people will see soon."

"I believe Rory will be champion. He's got all the attributes physically, mentally. No doubt about that. He's the new guy, the new generation. He's the creme of the creme."

if they dont want to fight each other then macdonald should either move to MW or fight non contenders... no sense in letting him knock others off the ladder although now their isnt much left

I have a feeling that with a win over Johny that GSP moves down to LW or up to MW for title shots or retires.

Well every time he is questioned, GSP indicates he isn't retiring. However, he is alluding here that something is going to change in the near future. So is he looking at changing weight or moving on. Nice way for him to place a cliff hanger on his upcoming fight.
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

Whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Whatever
    Exactly.

With a win over Lawler, Rory might be the closest to a title shot by default, but it's not like he's gone on a Hendricks like run to the point where I feel he NEEDS to get a title shot.

By the time he did get to that point (a win against a top 5) GSP will be on his way out.

It's not like I'm pining to see these two fight.

I mean I trained every day with the guy I would have to wrestle off every week for my starting spot in the line up and that was really weird.. I had to think whether or not I would go hard in practice everyday because that guy would use it against me to take my spot...

that being said there was something about the situation when we went live for that spot that I gave 0 fucks about who I was wrestling to get it because I wanted to start on varsity (I beat him by 15+ or pinned him every time)... I feel its similar (the same minus the fact that youre punching someone and could seriously hurt them) but in the end a goal is a goal and as Machida/Munoz may or may not have proved that there is something to say that despite a friendship a championship matters more when the timer starts ticking

This probably means that Gsp is going to retire soon or move up to middle weight.

GSP vs. Silva.... right guys? Right....?

Thread Information