Thread: Georges St-Pierre again calls for the end of round breaks in MMA

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    GSP does not blanket. If you think that GSP blankets, you seriously need to brush up on his past matches rather than relying on hearsay and jokers to form that opinion in your mind.

Shields is a blanketer who lands pillowfists from the top while grappling only for position.

GSP, on the other hand, utilizes every tool in his french army knife both on the ground and on the feet.
    Just wanted to say that I don't think that GSP is a blanketer, Definitely not comparing him to Jake Shields, lol. IMO GSP at times will grind a bit with his ground and pound, and he is so effective at it, the only thing that is going to get him off (short of the fight ending via submission/TKO) is the round ending. A fight with no rounds would benefit wrestlers in general (specifically ones with top-notch top games), IMHO.

As i said above, GSP is so effective with his top game, it can seem like he is a "blanket" that his opponent just can't escape, but I'm definitely not saying that he is a blanket (lay and prey) fighter.
    Last edited by XxChAoS32xX; 11-08-2013 at 05:23 AM.
    "Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence."
    — Vince Lombardi

Thread Information