Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cro Cop: UFC stars, Jones included, should be fired

Default Cro Cop: UFC stars, Jones included, should be fired

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...ould-be-fired/

"I don't know what to say. It's nice that they came, that they graced us with their presence. But on the flip side, I think Dana White is going to grow his hair back when he sees them here. Jon Jones is the light heavyweight champion. Werdum is fighting Cain next for the heavyweight belt. Those are people under contract with UFC. Now they come over here as guests. Do your seminar, okay? Do the seminar and go. They came over, sat in the front row at the press conference. Took photos. All of that sends a bad message.

I would never do that, never. If I am under contract with another organization, whether it be UFC, PRIDE ... if I'm under contract -- and they all are -- under a multiple fight UFC contract, I would never do it. Do a seminar maybe, but I would never appear at a press conference, let alone stand in front of banners that have a logo of a different organization. We all took photos together. I'm the main event. Unbelievable. They basically came over to promote a totally new organization. Dana White is going to go mad, 100 percent, totally justifiable in my opinion.

I would go mad, too, I would fire them all. Of course, those are fighters who bring the UFC money, but they didn't think it through and it comes off unprofessional. I would never do that. Dana White's hair is going to grow back for sure when he sees this. Mildly put, I think Dana White is going to be pissed off!"

Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 11-08-2013 at 08:31 PM.

Ummmmm...... what?

Imma big Crocop fan but why is the assumption/opinion of a guy fighting way past his prime news?

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Imma big Crocop fan but why is the assumption/opinion of a guy fighting way past his prime news?
    He is a legend of the sport. Just like bad rutten's opinion would be news.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    He was asked questions in an interview and he answered them. He didn't call a press conference to tell everyone these things.

On topic; I enjoy Cro Cop interviews and I wonder how Dana does feel about those guys going over there. Was this a publicity thing? Did they all go on their own accord? The UFC usually seems fairly tight about these sort of things. I wouldn't think anything of it had it been just one guy but that was like what five different fighters? It seems odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

6. Default

I have no idea what is even going on.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

...Werdum and Jones crashed the Legends 2 press conference in Russia after giving a seminar?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

8. Default

There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    That really sucks, I don't know why he didn't just stay retired fuck. Anyway I doubt Dana would make a big deal outta this. I also kinda saw it as maybe a way for Crocop to kiss up to Dana for maybe a new deal or something. I find it weird how he was like "I'd fire them all" lol its not that serious dude. Not yet at least, now if it was Bellator yea but not legends.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    ...Werdum and Jones crashed the Legends 2 press conference in Russia after giving a seminar?

rh
    Seems like that's what's going on. Mirko probably feels like they were trying to steal their thunder. I see where he's coming from.

Thread Information