Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Official UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs Henderson

Going into this fight, I knew that Hendo had slowed down quite a bit and accepted the fact that Vitor might serve him his first T/KO defeat. But I never imaged it would happen so fast and so brutally. At first look, I too thought it may have been an early stoppage, but upon seeing the replay it was clear that Hendo was done. That uppercut crushed him, and the head kick laid him out flat.

Right now I'm providing psychological counseling to my friend, a huge Hendo fan, who introduced me to the sport of MMA 7 years ago. I think this is the end of Hendo. I can't see how he and Zuffa can come to terms on a contract that satisfies the interests of both parties. For some reason anticipate Dan signing with Bellator and having a rematch with Quinton. This seems like the most likely option.

As for Vitor, Dana talks about the "travesty" of Vitor being denied a TRT exemption/fight license in the US and keeps preaching about Vitor having no problem getting fight clearance in the US. But that's total BS, and it seems that Vitor's refusal to fight Machida and Kennedy will work in his favor. Now it will be other guys refusing to fight him in Brazil, but we all know the UFC will keep having him headline fight cards in Brazil. They will put huge pressure on the winner of the Silva/Weidman rematch to fight Belfort in Brazil. Vitor never comes back to the US.

This was a very deep fight for Vitor, Hendo, and older MMA fans. Both of them are stars/legends of the sport from the older era and I for one have been a huge fan of both of them since I found out who they were. When I started watching MMA in 01-02, Vitor was one of the guys I first witnessed unleashing that blazing aggression like he still does and I loved it. With everything I have learned about and witnessed from Hendo, I have also become a huge fan of his these past years and I always cheer heavily for both of them. I have wished for a good ending to both of their careers, but this fight sadly meant a sharp and bitter loss for whoever was on the receiving end, and it couldn't have been more disheartening than that for the Hendo fan in me. Before I express how I feel about Vitor's win, I just want to say that I am thoroughly disappointed in the 3 fight losing streak Hendo is on, especially getting KTFO for the first time like that. However, Hendo is not done, give me a break; he lost 2 split decisions to Machida and to Rashad in which weren't dominant performances. Tonight he lost to a man on a mission who is hungry for redemption and on a red-hot win streak. He is still one of the best and can compete with the best of them. I hope the best for him in his future and I do NOT want to see him hang them up! At least drop one more Hendo bomb on a Bisping-like jaw first.

Vitor.

I can't even believe where he is at right now. He is living a dream. Who would have thought that Vitor would have ever come back from the dark period of his life and career with what happened to his sister. It is one of the main reasons that I am so attached to Vitor in that when he wins, he wins for his sister, and much of the honor in that win goes to her. Since he will never be able to get her back or get revenge upon the people who did that to her, I like to think his wins are also a shot at the sort of scum that many have lost their lives and loved ones to down there. When he came back to the UFC, it was his chance to achieve some sort of redemption for himself and maybe find peace at the end of the road, stifling the demons from what had happened.

When he came back to the UFC after nearly killing Lindland, fought Frankin and knocked him out, I still thought he had a long road in front of him to achieve that golden ending. Even though I put all my heart into his fight with Silva leading up to it after only a single comeback fight, I knew he wasn't near his best form and it was way too soon. I believed in him, but Silva destroyed him with that kick that will never be forgotten; I never got over that loss as a Vitor fan. I admired the beauty of it, but viewed it as what happened that night and not an indicator that Anderson could beat Vitor every time they fought. With the way the UFC runs and how much it would take for Vitor to accomplish in order for them to sell that rematch after that... I thought the chances of it were incredibly slim. I was crushed as a Vitor fan and thought his one last shot at the glory of what would have been beating Anderson, who talked shit about him, and for the championship, had slipped through his fingers just like that. It was difficult to stomach.

After that loss, he came back to knock out Akiyama in a one-sided whomping, and choked out Rumble who was able to inflict some damage while standing. Still far from where is now, he stepped up and took the title fight with Bones in that whole fiasco at the time, and while he was badly beaten and tapped out, he nearly snapped the arm of the greatest LHW making history today and blew the MMA world to bits; he may have lost the fight but he won a huge sense of courage after it and it obviously lit a fire in him. I don't consider his loss to Jones to affect his streak at MW much because he had the fucking balls to step up like that to the LHW juggernaut and almost actually finished him.

Now... NOW though... he has ruthlessly clawed his way back up through the water in blitz-like fashion, much like his wins. His three fight win streak right now is searing and a spectacle of brutality. I don't know how long Vitor will keep fighting but I believe he could be making his last murderous run at glory, gold, and hopefully revenge against Anderson. This fight with Hendo meant everything towards all of that, especially a rematch with Silva before he retires whether he beats Weidman or not (i'm hoping). It was one giant step closer to what could be a great story-like ending for Belfort, especially by destroying Hendo in such a dominant fashion. The perfect ending to Vitor's career, imo, would be to go from here and win the MW gold while also gaining revenge on Silva. The only problem is that I want Weidman to beat Silva again. Either way, Vitor is so close to achieving what would be the pinnacle of his career and making a very memorable MMA story to his fans.

Michael Bisping. Luke Rockhold. Dan Henderson. I know Bisping and Rockhold aren't the best of the best, but the way he destroyed them speaks volumes, and now he has done it to Hendo, one of the toughest SOB's ever to step foot into the cage. That is three ferocious headkick finishes with laser like punches to names that if any other MW boasted those wins over, they'd be WELL on their way to a title shot. Vitor is utterly on fire right now and I cannot wait for what happens next.

Sorry if I offended anyone with my comments right after the fight. I know it is hard for diehard Hendo fans, and Vitor haters.

Vitor HAS THE ABILITY to beat Weidman or Silva. I am not saying that he will, but he can put them to sleep, and he has a great chance of accomplishing just that.

EDIT: Worst thing about the loss is that now fuckers will have ammo to fire back at the Hendo/Bisping gif.
    Last edited by m1ckeykn0x; 11-10-2013 at 02:35 AM. Reason: meh
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

Alright can we officially give this man his shot. I don't think there's a hotter fighter then Vitor right now. He's earned it, highlight fashion giving the ppl what they want and making Dana that money. GIVE HIM HIS FUCKING TITLE SHOT!!!
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

This gif really shows you how fucking incredible the uppercut was that Vitor landed on Hendo. Can't believe that was done to Dan.

http://www.bjpenn.com/2gif-ufc-fight...+NEWS+BLOGS%29

I just want to hear metal while watching that.
    Last edited by m1ckeykn0x; 11-10-2013 at 04:01 AM.
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

Jeez; Bisping, Rockhold and Henderson all by head kick KOs. Belfort is probably the fighter of the year. It's just too bad that the streak is tainted by his TRT use.

If he has normal testosorone levels for a man his age, there is no issue. He says he gets tested every week. As far as I'm concerned he's not abusing, he's going out of his way to show that. What more can people want from the man? Everything he'd accomplished he'd done because he's healthy and works really hard to be where he is. Not to mention his technique and combinations are amazing. No matter I think he's the next MW champ, especially if Wiedman does beat Anderson again. I think Wiedman is made to order for Vitor, but I wouldn't count him out against Anderson either, I could even see a trilogy fights between all three if Anderson beats Wiedman, then Vitor beats Anderson, and then Anderson/Weidman fight for a shot at Vitor.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

You have to try and take vitor to deep water, IMO. I think Chris or Anderson can keep the distance with him. I think Chris can tire him out by wrestling him. I look forward to seeing either because this version of vitor is an absolute beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    Jeez; Bisping, Rockhold and Henderson all by head kick KOs. Belfort is probably the fighter of the year. It's just too bad that the streak is tainted by his TRT use.
    I don't see it as being tainted.

Whether people like it or not TRT is legal so Vitor is doing nothing wrong in using it. Additionally I think this fight proved, at least to me, that there is more to Vitor's recent success than TRT. Dan also uses TRT so even if you think TRT gives fighters an unfair advantage neither guy in this fight would have had an advantage. Vitor looked even better against another TRT user than he did against non TRT users.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Quote Originally Posted by SwordofAres View Post
    I don't see it as being tainted.

Whether people like it or not TRT is legal so Vitor is doing nothing wrong in using it. Additionally I think this fight proved, at least to me, that there is more to Vitor's recent success than TRT. Dan also uses TRT so even if you think TRT gives fighters an unfair advantage neither guy in this fight would have had an advantage. Vitor looked even better against another TRT user than he did against non TRT users.
    The TRT use on Vitor's side comes across as very tainted to a lot as he has been got using PED's in the past and there is a direct relationship for the need of TRT when you have abused steroids in the past.

10. Default

Dude is a juice monkey who can't fight in the states without his juice.

He'll get another title shot and choke because that's what Vitor does.

Thread Information