Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Official UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs Henderson

1. Default

Again you are missing the point when you say "but Vitor is destroying everyone! He's feared!"

And then in the same breathe say Sonnen is a cheat. That is hypocritical.

Vitor is a known steroid abuser who is onTRT, on the best run of his career, only fighting in Brazil.... but he's awesome!

Get off the bullshit.

People can claim Belfort's recent success is a result of the TRT treatment all they want..

But the fact is, Belfort is probably the most tested TRT approved fighter in the UFC. Being the most regulated user, Vitor is definitely not abusing TRT as he would never get away with it at this point.

If TRT was the only reason for Vitor's recent success, how would people explain away other TRT users failures to go on a significant run? Forrest Griffin, Rampage Jackson, Frank Mir, Nate Marquardt, Chael Sonnen, Dan Henderson and the list goes on.

The problem lies within the organization they are fighting for. The UFC allows these fighters to use medically approved TRT - End of story. Vitor is not breaking any rules at this point (that we know of).

Chael Sonnen Talks Testosterone: 'Yes, I Took It To Get an Edge'
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...to-get-an-edge
    "Testosterone's not illegal, which we all found out. It's perfectly legal. I followed all the rules as I understood them and yes, I took it to get an edge. I would never take anything if I didn't think it would help me."
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 11-11-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Yes, just yes. Not only Sonnen is a roider, but he taps and then he pretends that he didn't do it. When have you seen Vitor or anyone else do that?
    I am not even going to talk about his felony stuff.
    You forgot to mention the stories of him cheating in college wrestling.

I don't think it's cheating if you use TRT to maintain a healthy level of testosterone in your system and you compete with other athletes who have a naturally average level of testosterone in their systems.
    You have to know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    But can't fight in Vegas.
    The NSAC is a joke. You know it and I know it.

Josh Barnett recently got a license to fight in Vegas. Enough said.

Dana White: 'Vitor Belfort has not been abusing TRT' and there's no reason he can't fight in Nevada

"That's not true, that's completely not true," White barked during a recent media scrum (watch it here). "There is no reason why Vitor Belfort can't fight in Las Vegas or anywhere else in the United States. Vitor Belfort has not been abusing TRT. In a million f***ing years I would never let that happen ... ever."

White is conveniently forgetting Belfort's 2006 drug test in which he tested positive for 4-hydroxytestosterone in Nevada and was suspended by the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) for nine months. He's also forgetting that Belfort completely disregarded the suspension and fought overseas in England for Cage Rage.

It's the exact reason people doubt Belfort's ability to get a license to fight in Nevada. But, White wasn't done with his rant about Nevada. Apparently, its already messed things up for The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 19, which is currently being filmed.

"I just filmed an episode of The Ultimate Fighter the other day and the Nevada commission is so bad, so bad," he said. "Wait until you see this next season when this episode airs. It's so bad. It's unbelievable. Look at all the other guys, boxers, who have had issues and have been able to [still fight] in Nevada and you call bullshit on it."

White is correct about one thing: Nevada doesn't have the greatest track record when it comes to drug testing or following through on suspensions. If UFC wants Belfort to fight in Nevada, it'll probably happen. But, at some point, White and NSAC Director Keith Kizer are going to have it out.
    http://www.mmamania.com/2013/11/10/5...-and-theres-no

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    The NSAC is a joke. You know it and I know it.

Josh Barnett recently got a license to fight in Vegas. Enough said.

^ but wasnt on TRT - which is what the NSAC has said all along for Vitor.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    ^ but wasnt on TRT - which is what the NSAC has said all along for Vitor.
    Noted. But that wasnt really my point. My point was the NSAC is a joke who is inept at anything to do with drug testing, suspensions or remaining consistent.

Keizer said he does not think they would license Vitor. Dana White seems to think he will be able to.... Who do you think has more pull?

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/11/1...-for-the-title

Anderson Silva: Vitor Belfort deserves to fight for the title

"I believe he deserves to fight for the title, even because he has been doing his part (to earn a title shot), just like other fighters like Ronaldo Jacare and Lyoto Machida, who just dropped to 185," Silva told the media in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

White stated several times in the past that Belfort wouldn’t have another shot at Silva due the fact that he suffered a quick loss to the fellow Brazilian, but stopping three top ranked opponents at 185 and 205 made him change his mind.

After Belfort’s 77-second TKO win over Henderson at UFC Fight Night 32 in Goiania, Brazil, on Nov. 9, the UFC president said he anticipates "big things" for him next, but wouldn’t commit to give him a shot at the winner of Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva 2, who meet on Dec. 28, yet.

Silva believes he’s right there already.

"I saw the fight, he fought really well," the former champion said. "Vitor has been doing great, showing why he was the UFC champion for a long time. He deserves respect. We’ll just have to wait for the next chapters."
    I've been wishing for the rematch with Silva since the night of their first fight. I feel like I want to see Vitor get revenge and serve that loss back to Silva even more than just winning the gold. That kind of loss is never forgotten among fans, and with Anderson getting closer and closer to closing the door, I thought we may never have a chance to witness a second attempt. Now that possibility is nearly reality.

What is next for Vitor is the burning question. If ANY other fighter in the entire UFC was able to do what Vitor has done in his last 3 fights, they'd be strapped to a nuclear hype rocket set straight for stardom and a titleshot, viewed as a real legitimate threat, and rightfully so. They can't guarantee him a titleshot at this very moment until we see what happens with Weidman/Silva in December, IF they make it to the cage on the arranged date. No one wants to see Vitor sit on the sidelines a minute more than he has to right now which is why I believe he will fight the winner of Machida/Mousasi or someone else next.

Can you imagine if Vitor beat the winner of Machida/Mousasi and then fought Weidman or Silva for the title? and actually won?!

So close, yet so, so very far away at this point, yet well within his grasp.
    Last edited by m1ckeykn0x; 11-11-2013 at 03:48 PM.
    "They're all dead. They just don't know it yet."

9. Default

Funny...

Dana White ‘absolutely 100 percent against TRT,' says usage is ‘cheating'

"TRT has become a way for people to cheat. If this is what your normal level should be and then you have guys training at huge levels (of testosterone) for their whole camp then tapering down to get to normal levels before the fucking fight, that's cheating, and I don't like it anymore."

"There are plenty of guys in the UFC that are naturally gifted and talented fighters. If you're testosterone levels are too low then you're probably too old to be fighting, stop fighting! "

"You have guys that go in there 100% natural with his talent and natural ability, against someone on TRT, basically someone that's on steroids. I'm absolutely 100 percent against TRT and now I'm going to start fighting it 100 percent with the athletic commissions and I want nothing to do with it."
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Thread Information