Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 178

Thread: Official UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs Henderson

  1. Default

    Look, we'll be on the merry-go-round until we get blue in the face about this subject.

    My whole purpose was to point out that certain fighters seem to get passes for their transgressions while others aren't. I'm sure this stems from personalities and how the people on these forums view any given fighter.

    TRT is and will be a hotly debated subject moving forward in MMA and any other sport. Where the line is drawn, what is legal, what isn't legal, etc.

    All I know is what I see with my own eyes. Vitor has been busted once for steroids. Not elevated testosterone levels or anything like that. Steroids. He comes in to the UFC and has the body of a fantasy football player. Within a year and half (all the while rehabbing an injury), Vitor comes in looking like he did at the age of 19. At the same time of this big run, he hasn't stepped foot out of Brazil.

    All of these to me are red flags. I guess I'm just shocked after reading all the comments following Chael Sonnen and UFC 117, to see the same people saying "Oh just forget it." "It's no big deal!" "Hey it's not the TRT, it's his fists."

    That isn't consistent.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful



  2. #162
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    16,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Funny...

    Dana White ‘absolutely 100 percent against TRT,' says usage is ‘cheating'
    Dana White: 'Vitor Belfort has not been abusing TRT' and there's no reason he can't fight in Nevada


    Vitor Belfort made a statement on Saturday night (Nov. 9, 2013), knocking out Dan Henderson in the first round of their bout at UFC Fight Night 32 at Goiania Arena in Goiania, Brazil. It was Belfort's third straight head kick knockout victory in Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and perhaps the most significant of his career.

    In one night, Belfort not only became the first person ever to knockout "Hendo" in mixed martial arts (MMA) competition (highlights here), but he also preserved No. 1-ranked Middleweight title contender status behind Anderson Silva.

    Adding to the drama last night was UFC President Dana White's comments following Wednesady's (Nov. 6, 2013) UFC Fight Night 31 card in which he stated that if Belfort lost to Henderson, he'd also lose his shot at 185-pound championship gold.

    However, as with every Belfort victory, there were questions about his usage of testosterone replacement therapy(TRT) and the reason UFC continues to book him in Brazil. In fact, those questions have only gotten louder after Belfort admitted this past week that he's used TRT without commission approval in the past.

    "That's not true, that's completely not true," White barked during a recent media scrum (watch it here). "There is no reason why Vitor Belfort can't fight in Las Vegas or anywhere else in the United States. Vitor Belfort has not been abusing TRT. In a million f***ing years I would never let that happen ... ever."

    White is conveniently forgetting Belfort's 2006 drug test in which he tested positive for 4-hydroxytestosterone in Nevada and was suspended by the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) for nine months. He's also forgetting that Belfort completely disregarded the suspension and fought overseas in England for Cage Rage.

    It's the exact reason people doubt Belfort's ability to get a license to fight in Nevada. But, White wasn't done with his rant about Nevada. Apparently, its already messed things up for The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 19, which is currently being filmed.

    "I just filmed an episode of The Ultimate Fighter the other day and the Nevada commission is so bad, so bad," he said. "Wait until you see this next season when this episode airs. It's so bad. It's unbelievable. Look at all the other guys, boxers, who have had issues and have been able to [still fight] in Nevada and you call bullshit on it."

    White is correct about one thing: Nevada doesn't have the greatest track record when it comes to drug testing or following through on suspensions. If UFC wants Belfort to fight in Nevada, it'll probably happen. But, at some point, White and NSAC Director Keith Kizer are going to have it out.


    PS: TRT doesn't turn the body from your fantasy football player into a 19 year old. What does working harder in the gym do?
    Last edited by Sniggles; 11-11-2013 at 04:22 PM.

  3. Default

    I was just illustrating that hypocrisy that everyone says Dana does all the time. Now the Vitor supports and quoting Dana like he literally has said the opposite towards TRT. Funny man, this is too funny.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful



  4. Default

    The masses - "Chael is a cheat! He has little balls! What a loser!"
    The masses - "Vitor is a beast! He's amazing! We should forget all about TRT!"

    The masses - "Dana White is a liar and hypocrite. He can't be trusted."
    The masses - "Hey look at Dana said about Vitor and TRT. It's the gospel!"
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful



  5. #165
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    People can claim Belfort's recent success is a result of the TRT treatment all they want..
    Yes they can cause there is a pretty obvious link to his recent resurgence as a fighter and him undergoing TRT. Not a matter of whether he is abusing or not in that regard but hard to totally ignore it.

    But the fact is, Belfort is probably the most tested TRT approved fighter in the UFC. Being the most regulated user, Vitor is definitely not abusing TRT as he would never get away with it at this point.
    It would seem to me that Barnett and Overeem are taking some pretty regular tests as well as GSP currently doing the VADA yesting... What testing is Vitor going through ? (Not arguing the quote just curious on your source of this)

    TRT was the only reason for Vitor's recent success, how would people explain away other TRT users failures to go on a significant run? Forrest Griffin, Rampage Jackson, Frank Mir, Nate Marquardt, Chael Sonnen, Dan Henderson and the list goes on.
    A few you mentioned here were not succcessfull because there motivation/mentality was not there anymore. You can;t say both Sonnen and Henderson have been failures while on TRT they've both had some good runs of wins at various points. In Dan's case TRT doesn't stop you from falling in love with the overhand right and thinking you can't be knocked out

  6. #166
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    16,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I was just illustrating that hypocrisy that everyone says Dana does all the time. Now the Vitor supports and quoting Dana like he literally has said the opposite towards TRT. Funny man, this is too funny.
    Most of the time you are backing Dana's words; apparently, though, not when it comes to your hate boner for Belfort.

    Nice try in saying that I am one of the masses. I support Chael and think that Dana White says/does whatever it takes to maximize the amount of cash he makes regardless of morality or truth. People are simply trying to highlight your denial of your own hypocrisy due to your aforementioned self-righteous indignation.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 11-11-2013 at 05:50 PM.

  7. #167
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post



    It would seem to me that Barnett and Overeem are taking some pretty regular tests as well as GSP currently doing the VADA yesting... What testing is Vitor going through ? (Not arguing the quote just curious on your source of this)
    It has been mentioned numerous times, Vitor's testosterone levels are tested on an almost weekly basis and he is the only one who has to do blood tests.

    Yes, Reem, Josh and GSP are all tested out the ass but I was talking about those on TRT. Vitor is likely to be the one who follows his levels the closest due to additional testing.



    A few you mentioned here were not succcessfull because there motivation/mentality was not there anymore. You can;t say both Sonnen and Henderson have been failures while on TRT they've both had some good runs of wins at various points. In Dan's case TRT doesn't stop you from falling in love with the overhand right and thinking you can't be knocked out
    My point was, TRT is not the magic bullet that some are making it out to be. As you just mentioned, a fighter also needs natural ability, training and heart. So the fact Vitor is on TRT is not the account for his recent success.


    Dont get me wrong, this new TRT Vitor we are seeing is a definitely influenced by his improved testosterone levels but he is doing it legally. Until the UFC takes a real stand on TRT, Vitor has ever right to use it.

  8. #168
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    16,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    My point was, TRT is not the magic bullet that some are making it out to be. As you just mentioned, a fighter also needs natural ability, training and heart. So the fact Vitor is on TRT is not the account for his recent success. Dont get me wrong, this new TRT Vitor we are seeing is a definitely influenced by his improved testosterone levels but he is doing it legally. Until the UFC takes a real stand on TRT, Vitor has ever right to use it.
    Increased drive and motivation in the gym. Belfort's skill and knowledge base is earning him his wins as of late rather than a medical treatment.

    What are low T symptoms? The "before and after" pictures that certain people have posted of Vitor dozens of times show a evidence of a couple of these symptoms.

    Sexual dysfunction (unable to maintain erections)
    Reduced sex drive (reduced sexual activity)
    Decreased energy
    Loss of body hair, reduced shaving
    Depressed mood
    Increase in body fat
    Decrease in bone strength
    Reduced muscle mass
    Lack of sleep; insomnia or sleep disturbances

    Was that bulge your cup or are you happy to see me?

  9. #169
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    2,317

    Default

    I thought it was clear as day... That mullet is his secret weapon

  10. #170
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    It has been mentioned numerous times, Vitor's testosterone levels are tested on an almost weekly basis and he is the only one who has to do blood tests.
    Cat - I have to wonder as well, how can we be so sure of this? Who mentioned he gets tested weekly, Vitor himself? Yes, I'm picking on Vitor because he is the subject at hand but I would put any other fighter under the same scrutiny. How often is he getting tested and by whom? A credible lab? Do his results go anywhere? To an endocrinologist? He's not fighting in Nevada so I can't imagine his test results go to the NSAC or any other commission in the U.S. Maybe I'm wrong but do you see where I'm going here?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

    "Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •