+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Back Nick Diaz ready to return - 'but only for the big fights'

Love Nick for his fights and entertainment value, however, based on recent rumour GSP will be retired before he is ever close to a title shot again.

If Nick is only looking for big fights at this point in his career, I think he's going to be sorely disappointed. I do think there are a number of great matches for him and fights I'd love to see. All depends on him getting his shit together.
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

Nick Diaz would return for a title shot; Dana White not about to give him one
    "I haven't even heard from Nick Diaz," White said Saturday. "Nick Diaz called and asked for tickets, I don't know. We haven't even heard from Nick Diaz."

Diaz told FOX Sports on Saturday that he would only return for a title shot. "I'm talking about a title shot here matchup," Diaz said. "Bottom line, I'm the only draw here."

But White didn't exactly sound like's ready to hand the former Strikeforce welterweight champ such a spot.

"It's not even worth talking about," White said. "He hasn't fought, he hasn't wanted a fight, he's not even in the conversation."

I would like to know how many fighters have received a title shot after returning from a suspension...

Sean Sherk and Nick Diaz are the only two I'm aware of.

Oh, Nick Diaz. He's such an admirable guy. He, uh, really deserves whatever he wants, you know? Like he's out there living life and that shit ain't easy.

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Gas Bag View Post
    I would like to know how many fighters have received a title shot after returning from a suspension...

Sean Sherk and Nick Diaz are the only two I'm aware of.
    Honorable mention to Randy Couture for getting a title shot in a heavier weight class, after coming out of "retirement".

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    You forgot leg kicks and circling away as well
    Relatively weak leg kicks to be fair though lol which, I'm not saying they wouldn't hurt me, but...I'm also not a 170 pound professional fighter.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Nick Diaz: 'I’m a better stand-up fighter than Anderson Silva'
    Diaz explains, in an interview with the LA Times Lance Pugmire.

“A lot of the fan base can conceive why I’d be a good fight for either guy,” said Diaz. “Either one of these fights would be a good fight for me.”

“I’m the No. 1 draw in this weight division, that’s just the way it is. I win by submissions, knockouts. There’s guys ranked above me, but no one’s interested in seeing them fight. They want to see me fight. You want to make a good fight, this’ll be a good fight.”

“The guy he’s beat haven’t been stand-up guys,” Diaz said of Hendricks. “He’s a wrestler who punches hard.”

“I’m not sure what the UFC’s agenda is when it comes to me. It’s their show, their press. They can change to whatever they want to do at any point. They own this thing. They can do whatever they want. If they don’t want this right now, they don’t have to do it.”

“It’s more about the fans wanting this."

“People aren’t stupid. You can’t ignore their real, ultimate understanding. They know what’s going on. It’s mixed martial arts. The real fans of martial arts understand intuitively … there’s a connection with me.

“You know when I fight, I’m going to sell out the show. Everyone wants to see someone get knocked out or tapped out.”

“Me calling out Roy Jones is disrespectful,” said Diaz. “But if they want to do that, want to do something like that, [combining] sports [in a boxing match], I’ll do it. I feel I’m a better stand-up fighter than Anderson Silva."

While the UFC says they are waiting to hear from Diaz, Roy Jones was game.

"Bring it all day long, Diaz or Silva," said Jones.

Nick is dead to me at this point. Used to be one of my favorite guys now I just want him to get out of the headlines and public eye entirely.

I respectfully disagree with his analysis of his stand up skills versus Anderson's.
    You have to know what you don't know.

If he keeps talking, not another state will consider legalizing medicinal marijuana let alone recreational use of marijuana.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information