Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White on Hendo: 'We'll talk'

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    And yet the two guys I normally watch UFC events with were both psyched about Hendo fighting on this card, and neither one of them give a crap about mma except on fight night.
    That's two people. And it's not only Hendo, it's the UFC in general. Look at the ratings and PPV buys the last year or so. The common non hardcore MMA fan, the one who just watches for the big names, doesn't give a shit about the UFC anymore.

Let's revisit this conversation when the ratings for UFN 32 come out. I have a feeling the ratings are going to be terrible. But if I'm wrong I'm wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Meltzer has suggested that ZUFFA does not want to pay Hendo a main eventer's salary, given his three fight losing streak, age and the piss poor main event number his bout with Evans(150,000 buys) did.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Meltzer has suggested that ZUFFA does not want to pay Hendo a main eventer's salary, given his three fight losing streak, age and the piss poor main event number his bout with Evans(150,000 buys) did.
    He should be getting what Frank Mir is getting, who is also on a 3 fight losing streak, except his 3 losses were nowhere close to him winning. Hendo, on the other hand, lost 2 very close decisions that could have gone his way too.

And surely the UFC doesn't blame him for the weak PPV card that was UFC 161. That card had a few injuries as well to the main event, and the UFC didnt do a proper job of marketing the card overall.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    He should be getting what Frank Mir is getting, who is also on a 3 fight losing streak, except his 3 losses were nowhere close to him winning. Hendo, on the other hand, lost 2 very close decisions that could have gone his way too.

And surely the UFC doesn't blame him for the weak PPV card that was UFC 161. That card had a few injuries as well to the main event, and the UFC didnt do a proper job of marketing the card overall.
    While I agree in principle with the Mir comparison, I think Mir's preferable relationship with Dana and co. is a lot more complementary than Hendo's and there isn't as much good will with Dan as they have with Mir.

5. Default

The UFC machine will chug along with or without Dan Henderson and I don't think the masses will miss him one bit.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Anyone else think he might benefit from a move back down to 185?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Anyone else think he might benefit from a move back down to 185?
    At his age it's doubtful... he's been pretty adamant about not making the weight cut unless there was a title on the line. If he's not motivated to do the cut there it would probably transfer over to his fights.

8. Default

Hendo has a more knowen name now than when he was great, but he never was a great draw compared to his history. Biggest thing that made him was the KO of Bisping with the general veiwers.

Henderson has a 250,000 to show contract at the moment which he obtained after beating Fedor in Strikefarce. Of course there will be renegotiations after his recent losing streak. Hendo will be going the way of Shogun.

Thread Information