Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 85

Thread: White: No reason Vitor Belfort shouldn't be able to use TRT in Nevada or anywhere els

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,504

    Default White: No reason Vitor Belfort shouldn't be able to use TRT in Nevada or anywhere els

    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/11/1...ble-to-use-trt
    At the post-fight press conference following the event, UFC president Dana White confirmed Belfort is next in line for a shot at the Middleweight title 'barring something crazy', of course. At the media scrum later that night, White was asked about a hypothetical issue of Belfort possibly being unable to fight in the US, namely under the NSAC in Nevada:

    That's not true, that's completely not true. There's no reason Vitor Belfort can't fight in Las Vegas or anywhere else in the United States. Vitor Belfort has not been abusing TRT. In a million fucking years, I'd never let that happen.

    Belfort revealed a couple weeks ago that he's been using TRT for three years now. He's been granted exemptions by the Brazilian commissions for his three fights this year as well. His use of the treatment is seen as more controversial than other TRT users because of a failed drug test fro 4-hydroxytestosterone in 2006. That failed test caused NSAC director Keith Kizer to say his commission probably wouldn't grant Belfort an exemption if he fights again in Nevada.

    White obviously disagrees with Kizer, but there's no telling if that will be an issue yet. First, Anderson Silva and Chris Weidman have to rematch for the title at UFC 168. After that, the UFC will have to decide when and where they want the winner to face Belfort.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,504

    Default

    “Unless Something Crazy Happens,” Vitor Belfort Gets Winner of Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/unless-some...anderson-silva

    “Big things for Vitor Belfort. Big things,” said White. “He did something no one in 39 fights was able to do; he stopped Dan Henderson.

    “Vitor is a completely different fighter than when he was younger. He’s mentally there. He’s physically there. He’s more well-rounded than he’s ever been. I’m blown away by tonight’s performance.”

    He continued, “Anderson’s gonna fight Dec. 28 in Las Vegas and it’s going to be the biggest fight we’ve ever done. The gate is already at $5.6 million and the pay-per-view is going to be huge. It’s going to be a massive event.

    “And, yes, whoever wins will face Vitor Belfort. Unless something crazy happens and somebody gets hurt.”
    “Vitor gets crazy sometimes. He gets his head a little over the skis,” he said about his prior run-ins with Belfort. “So we end up butting heads a little bit here and there. But I like Vitor. I respect Vitor. It’s tough to not respect the fighter he’s become. I think he’s a thousand times the fighter he used to be. Not only physically, but mentally.

    “Mentally, Vitor used to have some issues where, you know, he wasn’t as confident in his abilities. He used to fight very one-dimensional. He would always try to use his hands and get the big knockout. And now you see this guy is kicking, punching… did you see the way he came into the Octagon tonight? He ran into the Octagon. The new Vitor Belfort is (expletive) awesome. I love it.”

  3. #3
    dimerules28 Guest

    Default

    Someone should post the article on mmajunkie that has ben fowlkes and danny downes discussing trt. I think Fowlkes has horrible skills as a journalist but bring the straight facts when it comes to talking about the new steroided to the max Belfort. Once again, yes trt is 100% steroids.
    Last edited by dimerules28; 11-10-2013 at 08:43 PM.

  4. Default

    In Vitors latest stint in the UFC, he has fought once in Vegas, a KO loss to Anderson Silva. Vitor says he's been on it for 3 years which would put him starting it either right before that fight or right after.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    with my parents of course
    Posts
    2,653

    Default

    So let me get this straight. A synthetic substance that puts a chemical in your body at NORMAL levels should be considered a steriod. I guess Diabetic fighters should just retire too right? Any female fighters taking Hormones, sorry. Hey do you have a thyroid issue? Too bad can't fight. I mean come on? Did anybody even bother to find out if his levels were in range for someone his age? If he had the levels of a 20 y/o I would agree, but if he has the same levels as the average man his age while on the treatment then tell me what's the big deal again? He says he's being tested every week. And he'd probably agree to getting tested twice a week, but it doesn't seem to matter. Those who have it in their head that it's "Roids" will never believe otherwise, it's almost like a religion now....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

    "I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,327

    Default

    Actually, I believe Insulin is still on the banned list too. I know some Olympic athletes have abused it in the past, and I can name one high-level sprinter from the U.S. in particular. Anyways.

    With all due respect joedd2 some would call you just as deluded, he's injecting testosterone, that's a steroid. Just because MMA allows exemptions it doesn't change that fact. This guy would never be allowed to compete in the Olympics or any other world championship. It's a joke. I think MMA is out to lunch on this issue, but that's just my opinion.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

    "Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    So let me get this straight. A synthetic substance that puts a chemical in your body at NORMAL levels should be considered a steriod. I guess Diabetic fighters should just retire too right? Any female fighters taking Hormones, sorry. Hey do you have a thyroid issue? Too bad can't fight. I mean come on? Did anybody even bother to find out if his levels were in range for someone his age? If he had the levels of a 20 y/o I would agree, but if he has the same levels as the average man his age while on the treatment then tell me what's the big deal again? He says he's being tested every week. And he'd probably agree to getting tested twice a week, but it doesn't seem to matter. Those who have it in their head that it's "Roids" will never believe otherwise, it's almost like a religion now....
    My problem with TRT in the sport is that these guys are supposedly considered athletes. Athletes should be naturally gifted specimens. Below average testosterone to me is no different than below average speed or strength. If Vitor wants to be on trt to have normal levels; then that's perfectly fine. Although nothing about that screams "elite" or "world class". Jon Jones touched on this subject also when he was dealing with Chael. TRT would actually be perfect if they weren't competing in one of the toughest sport in the world.

  8. Default

    Dana White ‘absolutely 100 percent against TRT,' says usage is ‘cheating'

    "TRT has become a way for people to cheat. If this is what your normal level should be and then you have guys training at huge levels (of testosterone) for their whole camp then tapering down to get to normal levels before the fucking fight, that's cheating, and I don't like it anymore."

    "There are plenty of guys in the UFC that are naturally gifted and talented fighters. If you're testosterone levels are too low then you're probably too old to be fighting, stop fighting! "

    "You have guys that go in there 100% natural with his talent and natural ability, against someone on TRT, basically someone that's on steroids. I'm absolutely 100 percent against TRT and now I'm going to start fighting it 100 percent with the athletic commissions and I want nothing to do with it."
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by earle View Post
    With all due respect Actually, I believe Insulin is still on the banned list too.
    I'm pretty sure that there has to be some diabetic fighters out there, and obviously commissions would make exemptions to the use of insulin when it is prescribed to a fighter, just as they do with TRT.

    Quote Originally Posted by earle View Post
    With all due respect joedd2 some would call you just as deluded, he's injecting testosterone, that's a steroid. Just because MMA allows exemptions it doesn't change that fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimerules28 View Post
    Once again, yes trt is 100% steroids.
    Yes, using TRT when a fighter's testerone levels are normal is like steroids, because the fighter are raising his levels ABOVE normal, giving said fighter an unfair advantage when compared to a fighter with regular testosterone levels, so that is cheating.

    When a fighter uses TRT when it is prescribed to him as a medication to raise his testosterone levels to the NORMAL level, is putting him "on par" with other normal (non-cheating) fighters. Do so doesn't give him an unfair advantage, it treats his medical condition and eliminates what would be a unfair handicap, that is not cheating IMO.

    I'll admit though, I don't fully understand TRT, but from what I can research about it, you guys don't either.



    P.S. Here is a link to a page that tries to explain what Hormone Replacement Therapy is and how it differs from steroids. (Yes, TRT and HRT are the same thing, TRT is just a specific type of HRT)
    Last edited by XxChAoS32xX; 11-10-2013 at 10:34 PM.
    "Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence."
    — Vince Lombardi

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XxChAoS32xX View Post
    I'm pretty sure that there has to be some diabetic fighters out there, and obviously commissions would make exemptions to the use of insulin when it is prescribed to a fighter, just as they do with TRT.

    Yes, using TRT when a fighter's testerone levels are normal is like steroids, because the fighter are raising his levels ABOVE normal, giving said fighter an unfair advantage when compared to a fighter with regular testosterone levels, so that is cheating.

    When a fighter uses TRT when it is prescribed to him as a medication to raise his testosterone levels to the NORMAL level, is putting him "on par" with other normal (non-cheating) fighters. Do so doesn't give him an unfair advantage, it treats his medical condition and eliminates what would be a unfair handicap, that is not cheating IMO.

    I'll admit though, I don't fully understand TRT, but from what I can research about it, you guys don't either.


    P.S. Here is a link to a page that tries to explain what Hormone Replacement Therapy is and how it differs from steroids. (Yes, TRT and HRT are the same thing, TRT is just a specific type of HRT)
    I don't know how to reply with all the quotes, and I can't be bothered, but I'll address your points in order:

    Sure there are, I never said there weren't diabetic fighters out there, my point is, the substance is on the banned list, and can be abused (and is abused) by athletes and shady doctors.

    Yeah, I'm sure Vitor's testosterone levels are low now, that's because he abused anabolic steroids when he was younger. Look at old Vitor videos back in the early UFC days. If you believe Vitor was clean back then I don't know what else to say. You don't need to see a dripping syringe to know the guy was juiced to the gills. Plus, he has already officially failed a drug test from back in 2006.

    Even if Vitor didn't mess up his body from prior steroid use (and that's a big if) how hard would it be to go to a doctor in Brazil and get a TRT prescription? "Hey doc I'm feeling kinda tired, how's my T-levels? Normal? Well here's $5K how are they now? Perfect". I'm not picking on Brazil only, there's shady doctors all over the place.


    I would hardly call going to ehow.com "research" but whatever. I'm not sure what point you were trying to make by sending me to that article but there's nothing in it that I don't know already. The article states that the testosterone used in HRT is an anabolic steroid. It then basically says the differences between HRT and steroid abuse is that (a) one is legal and one is not, okay, I think we all knew that. And (b) The two activities differ in what their users are trying to achieve. Granted, but the article also says some people use HRT in an attempt get the same benefits as steroids. The article also says the FDA approves HRT for medical use but not for use in sport or bodybuilding. The article then goes on to list some of the side effects of HRT use which "...overlap with the illicit use of anabolic steroids".

    I think you helped prove my point.
    Last edited by earle; 11-11-2013 at 12:35 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

    "Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •