Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: White: No reason Vitor Belfort shouldn't be able to use TRT in Nevada or anywhere els

Some people cannot comprehend the reality of facts. Medically administered TRT treatment is not testosterone abuse.

1+1=3 because someone said so.

The TRT must have landed the hook and left kick that KO'd Henderson.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Some people cannot comprehend the reality of facts. Medically administered TRT treatment is not testosterone abuse.

1+1=3 because someone said so.

The TRT must have landed the hook and left kick that KO'd Henderson.
    So why doesn't the FDA approve it for sport then? Why doesn't any other major sporting body allow it besides MMA?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Quote Originally Posted by earle View Post
    So why doesn't the FDA approve it for sport then? Why doesn't any other major sporting body allow it besides MMA?
    I don't give a fuck what the FDA says. The FDA has as much credibility on this topic as my shits, which are rather flakey at the moment due to eating mucho jalapenos last night.

Refer to a different regulatory body which does actual research rather than an organization which accepts regulations based on doctored studies and bribery in the form of lobbying.

What does the World Anti-Doping Agency say? If you don't know, then let me tell you. WADA will approve TRT based on the necessity as determined by 3 endocrinologists. NSAC approves based on the approval of a single endocrinologist.

TRT is a medically-administered treatment for those who are deemed to have low levels not just at the time of a single test, but over the course of multiple tests. Why multiple tests? In order to determine the correct dosage. That's right, endocrinologists do not prescribe a one size fits all dosage, but instead a measured amount to regulate the T levels. That's fine if you don't agree with it being necessary for sport, but regulated testosterone levels lead to increased drive, reduced mood swings (which can happen with low T), lowered fatigue, better restfulness through sleep and improved ability to deal with stress. Is this something that will make the patient have advantages over the average man? No. It will give them the metabolism that the patient would have with proper T levels. TRT is not a steroid treatment, rather a medical treatment when preformed as intended by a endocrinologist and a physician. Testosterone Abuse is done in a gym locker room with a syringe and a bottle of testosterone propionate.

Most of the people that say "TRT=STEROIDS" are simply uneducated on the issue. As RH consistently says, there is a difference between use and abuse. Those that abuse do not visit an endocrinologist regularly to get their T levels tested, rather they are the ones who get popped for high T/E levels out of nowhere without applying for a TUE.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 11-11-2013 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    So let me get this straight. A synthetic substance that puts a chemical in your body at NORMAL levels should be considered a steriod. I guess Diabetic fighters should just retire too right? Any female fighters taking Hormones, sorry. Hey do you have a thyroid issue? Too bad can't fight. I mean come on? Did anybody even bother to find out if his levels were in range for someone his age? If he had the levels of a 20 y/o I would agree, but if he has the same levels as the average man his age while on the treatment then tell me what's the big deal again? He says he's being tested every week. And he'd probably agree to getting tested twice a week, but it doesn't seem to matter. Those who have it in their head that it's "Roids" will never believe otherwise, it's almost like a religion now....
    My problem with TRT in the sport is that these guys are supposedly considered athletes. Athletes should be naturally gifted specimens. Below average testosterone to me is no different than below average speed or strength. If Vitor wants to be on trt to have normal levels; then that's perfectly fine. Although nothing about that screams "elite" or "world class". Jon Jones touched on this subject also when he was dealing with Chael. TRT would actually be perfect if they weren't competing in one of the toughest sport in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    I don't give a fuck what the FDA says. The FDA has as much credibility on this topic as my shits, which are rather flakey at the moment due to eating mucho jalapenos last night.

Refer to a different regulatory body which does actual research rather than an organization which accepts regulations based on doctored studies and bribery in the form of lobbying.

What does the World Anti-Doping Agency say? If you don't know, then let me tell you. WADA will approve TRT based on the necessity as determined by 3 endocrinologists. NSAC approves based on the approval of a single endocrinologist.

TRT is a medically-administered treatment for those who are deemed to have low levels not just at the time of a single test, but over the course of multiple tests. Why multiple tests? In order to determine the correct dosage. That's right, endocrinologists do not prescribe a one size fits all dosage, but instead a measured amount to regulate the T levels. That's fine if you don't agree with it being necessary for sport, but regulated testosterone levels lead to increased drive, reduced mood swings (which can happen with low T), lowered fatigue, better restfulness through sleep and improved ability to deal with stress. Is this something that will make the patient have advantages over the average man? No. It will give them the metabolism that the patient would have with proper T levels. TRT is not a steroid treatment, rather a medical treatment when preformed as intended by a endocrinologist and a physician. Testosterone Abuse is done in a gym locker room with a syringe and a bottle of testosterone propionate.

Most of the people that say "TRT=STEROIDS" are simply uneducated on the issue. As RH consistently says, there is a difference between use and abuse. Those that abuse do not visit an endocrinologist regularly to get their T levels tested, rather they are the ones who get popped for high T/E levels out of nowhere without applying for a TUE.
    Do you feel the same way about blood doping. If a fighter has a naturally low red blood cell count you would consider it okay to for that fighter to blood dope and bring that red blood cell count to normal?
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Do you feel the same way about blood doping. If a fighter has a naturally low red blood cell count you would consider it okay to for that fighter to blood dope and bring that red blood cell count to normal?
    Not the same thing. Poor analogy.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 11-11-2013 at 04:02 AM.

Is being submitted via rear naked choke not the same as being stopped?

So, you're saying the FDA's current stance on TRT is due to doctored studies and bribery? Okay, who's bribing them and why?

I say TRT = steroids, because you're still injecting an anabolic steroid, just because WADA has tougher criteria, it doesn't change that. Yes sure, there is difference between use and abuse but I contend that too often that line gets blurred, especially in MMA, while people like you are quick to give MMA athletes a pass. I guess I have a different perspective because I come from other sports, so I am naturally more skeptical.

By the way, Brazil doesn't even have a WADA accredited lab, what a coincidence, and how convenient.
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    Is being submitted via rear naked choke not the same as being stopped?
    Do you mean Hendo? Yes, Silva stopped him most recently with a RNC, but nobody had ever stopped him with strikes before.

Quote Originally Posted by earle View Post
    Do you mean Hendo? Yes, Silva stopped him most recently with a RNC, but nobody had ever stopped him with strikes before.

I was just being a smartass,lol.

The FDA is for sale,they can't be trusted.Just take a look at all the pharmaceutical recalls,or the ingredients in our "food."
    Just my opinion on the FDA though,I really don't have a stance on TRT.
    Last edited by jody; 11-11-2013 at 06:19 AM.

Thread Information