+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: White: No reason Vitor Belfort shouldn't be able to use TRT in Nevada or anywhere els

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Tell that to Kizer, who has stated he "probably" won't license Vitor to fight in NV...and yet has issued TUE to sonnen after chael not only lied to a hearing, openly admitted abuse of TRT, and lied about Kizer himself. Tell that to Ffowlkes who works himself into an internet hack lather about how tainted Vitor is every time his name comes up...and the legions of asswipes who can't tell the difference between his writing and good journalism.

rh
    Dana has more pull than Kizer. Why? Millions of dollars. If Dana wants Belfort in NV, all he has to do is pay the right people. Squeeky wheel + grease.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Dana has more pull than Kizer. Why? Millions of dollars. If Dana wants Belfort in NV, all he has to do is pay the right people. Squeeky wheel + grease.
    I could really care less if Vitor fights in the states again, or in Nevada, or whatever.
    My point is that Kizer specifically went out of his way to throw him under the bus of ignorant fan perception.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    My point is that Kizer specifically went out of his way to throw him under the bus of ignorant fan perception.

rh
    Very true point that I missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I was referring to this forum.
    I don't see any reason to get worked up about the opinions on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Very true point that I missed.
    I mean, it's not a big deal, one way or the other.

Kizer talked smack about sonnen, and then money talked there, too. But I would say the prevailing sentiment about Vitor is that he's a tainted juicer, or that "TRT is steroids." It would take a lot to get me to actually listen to the commentary on zuffa programming, but I wouldn't be shocked if rogaine discussed the "concern" during the broadcast.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

I didn't realize a doctor injecting an anabolic steroid in to your body was over the counter?

http://www.mmaweekly.com/vitor-belfo...la-suspended-2
    Max tribustak.

Contained 4-oht. Research.

It's nearly impossible to make an injectable 4-oht as the powder does not mix well with esters or oils.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

5:35

Default Vitor and Vegas: NSAC Exec Keith Kizer Details Possible Next Steps for Belfort

Vitor and Vegas: NSAC Exec Keith Kizer Details Possible Next Steps for Belfort

The once hushed cries for Vitor Belfort to receive a middleweight title shot have become a roar in the wake of Belfort's dramatic 77-second victory over Dan Henderson at UFC Fight Night 32.

Belfort, 36, now rides perhaps the largest wave of momentum of his career, having scored consecutive head kick knockouts over Michael Bisping, Luke Rockhold, and Henderson. Though his remarkable accomplishments remain clouded by his usage of Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT), as each of Belfort's past three wins were contested in Brazil, where he is free to undergo the controversial treatment.

Common belief is that the same would not hold true if Belfort sought a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) in Nevada, in part due to Belfort's muddled history with drug abuse.

"That's not true, that's completely not true," UFC President Dana White said over the weekend. "There is no reason why Vitor Belfort can't fight in Las Vegas or anywhere else in the United States. Vitor Belfort has not been abusing TRT. In a million f--king years I would never let that happen.

"Vitor could fight in the United States now. There's no reason why he couldn't fight in Las Vegas, no matter what (Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director) Keith Kizer says. He should be allowed to fight in Las Vegas. It's ridiculous."

Belfort's ability to gain licensure in Nevada was never in question, as the state has licensed far more severe offenders, even recently granting three-time culprit Josh Barnett a license to fight on the condition of year-long random drug testing.

The issue of whether Belfort could receive a TUE for TRT, though, is a more complicated one. And it may not be as set in stone as first believed.

"Due to his past, Mr. Belfort would need to go before the Commission if he applies for a TRT TUE," Kizer told MMAFighting.com. "This is not anything new. (For example, I would not administratively grant Antonio Margarito a contestant's license so he had to appear before the full Commission -- likewise, Dave Herman.)

"The Commissioners could grant (with or without condition), deny, or take other action on any such application."

While Kizer has voiced doubts in the past about whether Belfort would be granted a TUE by the NSAC, when asked about the scenario on Monday, Kizer responded that he couldn't say what the outcome would be for certain, and that any final verdict, "would be up to the five Commissioners."

Back in late-2006, Belfort infamously failed a post-fight drug test in Nevada, then disregarded the NSAC's subsequent nine-month suspension and fought overseas in London the following April.

Regardless, if the situation arises, Belfort doesn't anticipate running into any problems in Nevada.

"It's easy, Chael Sonnen's fighting in Las Vegas," Belfort said on Saturday. "We here, we do everything by the book. I'm just gonna take my blood right now, after [the press conference], so everything is good. We can get licensed, that's no problem."
    Don't mind me, I'm just here to stir that pot. Let the discussion continue.

Well then, either Vitor, the doctor, or both are lying as both said the doctor injected him.
    While Pawel Nastula was represented by an attorney and an agent/interpreter, Vitor Belfort represented himself and passionately pleaded his case to the commissioners. As for how he could have unknowingly ingested 4-hydroxytestosterone, Belfort said that it could have been in the rehabilitative injections that he was given by endocrinologist Dr. Rodrigo M. Greco following surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his knee over the summer; or it could have been from a nutritional supplement called Max Tribustak.

That particular supplement does indeed contain 4-hydroxytestosterone and is touted as helping to maximize the user’s testosterone output. The commission seemed to believe that the Max Tribustak was much more likely than the post-surgical injections to have been the cause of Belfort’s positive drug test.
    From your article.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    From your article.
    I was going to state that I was correct but it was a super rude response which I deleted.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information