+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vitor Belfort and his TRT time line

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    I also agree that it is a big IF regarding Belfort. I've been skeptical about Belfort's TRT use and personally am erring towards abuse and think that he isn't going to release the results at all unless he's obligated to. I would be surprised if that doesn't come positive. If it is negative, it's a shame that his public image has been tarnished quite a bit if in fact it was for medical use. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
    I'm skeptical as well. I think it's overwhelmingly likely that he's abusing. But MMA journalism--which has always sucked--has gone well beyond simple speculation. I'm a bit staggered that I'm the only person to bring up the role that Priscila may have played in his transformation--I'm the farthest thing from a professional writer, I'm not even a hack journalist, I'm a hack admin on a fucking chat board, and all it would have taken was an open mind, an understanding of MMA from 2006 onward, and some internet fact checking that took me less than 10 minutes.

I'm not even saying Priscila explains it all. I'm not even saying anything close to that. I'm admitting it's likely that he's abusing.

But when the mainstream tide turns against someone so utterly, and when there are such obvious flaws in their reasoning, more often than not, part of me is going to be pulling for the underdog.

Particularly when you see Vitor excoriated so severely on pure speculation, while sonnen--an admitted, proven abuser--gets a pass. I'll never be able to get my head around that. That's just really bad journalism, there.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    But by revealing the test results, he can vindicate himself and really build up momentum to a rematch
    Thing is, he doesn't need to build up momentum. Dana has stated Vitor will keep his number one contender spot when he is ready to return. But then again, we all know what Dana's word is worth.

Might be worth adding this link to your list to make it a little more rounded.

Fertitta: We Couldn't Take the Chance Belfort Wasn't Getting Licensed to Fight

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    its the lighting!! Cant you tell!?!?! hahahaha what a joke.

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

I'm pretty sure your hard-on for Vitor has lasted more than 4 hours.

Have you thought about seeing a doctor?

Preferably one of the psychological nature?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I'm pretty sure your hard-on for Vitor has lasted more than 4 hours.

Have you thought about seeing a doctor?

Preferably one of the psychological nature?

rh

Jokes are funnier when you dont recycle them 3 pages later.

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

So I just flew in from Philadelphia and boy are my arms tired.
    You have to know what you don't know.

Yo momma

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    its the lighting!! Cant you tell!?!?! hahahaha what a joke.
    What are you trying to prove?
    Yes he is carrying a belly now. Right now he does not have a fight scheduled so probably he is not training hard now.
    And yes he was on TRT and now he is not anymore, so he is not as ripped as before.

Your point is that he was on TRT? Everybody knows that. So what?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Yes he is carrying a belly now. Right now he does not have a fight scheduled so probably he is not training hard now.
    And yes he was on TRT and now he is not anymore, so he is not as ripped as before.

Your point is that he was on TRT? Everybody knows that. So what?
    Have to agree. He does have a bit of a belly, but beyond that, he's still pretty ripped. Here's another pic from his instagam (the above pic is a screen cap from a vine video also on his instagram page, if anyone wants to actually see it):

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information