Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vitor Belfort and his TRT time line

Clearly none of the phd's who comment here know about the VERY common phenomenon of stomach distention and it is incredibly common during times outside of the weight cut. Insulin also plays a HUGE factor in distention and I wouldn't be surprised if most fighters use insulin injections despite their place on the prohibited items list. Hgh can also contribute but there are mixed opinions on that matter as swelling organs would have to be very extreme to be a cause.

I noticed vitors getting worse in the rock hold fight. His trunk was substantially larger than his hips.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

I agree with RH. It doesn't matter if he is Clean. Should he destroy Weidman, people are going to either accuse him of taking something else or say that he'd juiced on TRT for so long that he still has the "benefits" of his past cheating. He'll never get full credit for being the better fighter no matter what. So why not use that hate to drive up PPV sales? Not a bad plan at all IMO.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    I agree with RH. It doesn't matter if he is Clean. Should he destroy Weidman, people are going to either accuse him of taking something else or say that he'd juiced on TRT for so long that he still has the "benefits" of his past cheating. He'll never get full credit for being the better fighter no matter what. So why not use that hate to drive up PPV sales? Not a bad plan at all IMO.
    The fans' opinion of Vitor is really, really weird. He is either overly shit on or overly defended. Lots of double standards with both of his supporters and haters.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    The fans' opinion of Vitor is really, really weird. He is either overly shit on or overly defended. Lots of double standards with both of his supporters and haters.
    Who do you think is "overly" defending him?

I haven't read anyone who is giving him any kind of a pass, or who is saying it's anything less than likely that he was abusing TRT.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I've seen Vitor get some support with comments that phrase something like "you're just jealous because he beat so-and-so" on other forums. But, for the most part, Vitor is associated with TRT abuse. I agree with others that the MMA media has been incredibly biased and inappropriate. It's not unheard of in other media; I think political treatment can reach a similar height as individuals become symbols either positive or negative in the media circus.

I think that Vitor, and not Chael, is the target has a lot to do with Chael being caught. It's hard to say that TRT is a problem when Chael was busted. But holding up Vitor as "proof" of a systemic failing is much more compelling. And an interesting sell with his change in physique.

6. Default

Sorry if my prior comments or postings has swayed public opinion on Vitor and his most recent UFC run. He hasn't tested positive since 2006 and while things appear like they could be called in to question, he hasn't broken any rule.

Hopefully we get to see Weidman vs Belfort for the title.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Dana White doesn't guarantee Vitor Belfort's title shot after his come back
    Dana White told some members of the press that he isn't sure when "The Phenom" is going to compete again and prefers to wait until give any confirmation about the situation of the UFC veteran.

I haven't talked to Vitor since everything happened. I don't know if his fight for the title will happen this year. I haven't heard anything from him. He has to solve a lot of things before. He has to solve his problems, not us. If he is still the number 1 contender? I don't know, we will see what happens.

Thread Information