Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vitor Belfort and his TRT time line

1. Default

A lot of misinformation out there. Helping people out.

I think vitor is juiced to his gills but until he gets busted, all I've got is rumors, hearsay, speculation, and the bitter disappointment left by the henderson fight. Lol

3. Default

Timeline updated.

I think the it's really interesting in the month of February, 2014. The 1st, a date is given for the fight. The 12th, Vitor's TRT use was said to be examined further by the NASC. In March, we find out that Vitor was given a random drug test in the first couple of weeks of February. TRT is banned on the 27th, Vitor dropped on the 28th.

In my personal opinion, my popped hot during the surprise test. From that, the NASC decided to fully ban TRT and the UFC was forced to pull Vitor from the card, not because of the ban, but because of the test results. We are also hearing that it will be difficult for Vitor to get licensing regardless of TRT. Wondering how the test affects that? Also 2 days before the ban, Weidman thought if Vitor would piss hot or not. The timing of everything is quite interesting.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Timeline updated.

I think the it's really interesting in the month of February, 2014. The 1st, a date is given for the fight. The 12th, Vitor's TRT use was said to be examined further by the NASC. In March, we find out that Vitor was given a random drug test in the first couple of weeks of February. TRT is banned on the 27th, Vitor dropped on the 28th.

In my personal opinion, my popped hot during the surprise test. From that, the NASC decided to fully ban TRT and the UFC was forced to pull Vitor from the card, not because of the ban, but because of the test results. We are also hearing that it will be difficult for Vitor to get licensing regardless of TRT. Wondering how the test affects that? Also 2 days before the ban, Weidman thought if Vitor would piss hot or not. The timing of everything is quite interesting.
    If Vitor's tests had come back clean, I think we would have heard about it. Vitor probably would have been the first to declare that he pissed clean.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

5. Default

Those are my thoughts on the matter. Vitor has nothing to gain by hiding the test results if he was clean. I think the random test got him, his levels probably were Sonnen-esque and that's when the NASC decided to take action leaving the UFC with no choice. Because if the UFC didn't pull Vitor, the test would have to be made public.

Those are my thoughts on the matter. Vitor has nothing to gain by hiding the test results if he was clean. I think the random test got him, his levels probably were Sonnen-esque and that's when the NASC decided to take action leaving the UFC with no choice. Because if the UFC didn't pull Vitor, the test would have to be made public.
    That's my issues with it as well. If the tests came back negative, it only helps Vitor clear his name. I'm not sure if it helps him at all by keeping it under wraps. It only helps people point fingers.

Also, if he was to fight in NSAC or any other commission, I presume they have the right to ask him about the results of those tests. However, given that it is medical, he probably isn't obligated too as long as he submits another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    That's my issues with it as well. If the tests came back negative, it only helps Vitor clear his name. I'm not sure if it helps him at all by keeping it under wraps. It only helps people point fingers.

Also, if he was to fight in NSAC or any other commission, I presume they have the right to ask him about the results of those tests. However, given that it is medical, he probably isn't obligated too as long as he submits another one.
    I'd disagree on him not having anything to gain...IF he was tested and passed it, he knows he's good. He doesn't care about speculation, because he's confident, and he's enjoying the publicity. If his use is low enough that he can successfully transition off and still compete, he's going to have a TON of fans buying the card to see his "cheating" ass get KTFOd.

IF he's clean, it's actually not in his best interest right now to reveal the results of the test. The results aren't going to change in the next 6 or 9 months. If he makes that transition successfully, he can always unveil the results of the test after he cashes in on the incredible publicity he's getting right now.

The people who don't believe he can possibly be clean aren't going to change their minds...narrow minds find it difficult to change track. So he literally has nothing to lose, but a lot to gain...IF he's not abusing.

I get it, that's a big IF.

But it's out there, and all the speculation that I've seen doesn't even remotely account for it at this point.

But speculation is speculation.

rh
    Last edited by rivethead; 03-09-2014 at 08:38 PM.
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I'd disagree on him not having anything to gain...IF he was tested and passed it, he knows he's good. He doesn't care about speculation, because he's confident, and he's enjoying the publicity. If his use is low enough that he can successfully transition off and still compete, he's going to have a TON of fans buying the card to see his "cheating" ass get KTFOd.

IF he's clean, it's actually not in his best interest right now to reveal the results of the test. The results aren't going to change in the next 6 or 9 months. If he makes that transition successfully, he can always unveil the results of the test after he cashes in on the incredible publicity he's getting right now.

The people who don't believe he can possibly be clean aren't going to change their minds...narrow minds find it difficult to change track. So he literally has nothing to lose, but a lot to gain...IF he's not abusing.

I get it, that's a big IF.

But it's out there, and all the speculation that I've seen doesn't even remotely account for it at this point.

But speculation is speculation.

rh
    I agree that it's speculation until it's proven. I personally think Overeem's physical transformation, constant reluctance to fight in the US during the strikeforce days, his reluctance to do any extra testing, and fleeing the country before the fight with Brock were worse than Belfort's case. However, even at that time, I could only speculate until anything was confirmed, which [unsurprisingly] was.

I also agree that it is a big IF regarding Belfort. I've been skeptical about Belfort's TRT use and personally am erring towards abuse and think that he isn't going to release the results at all unless he's obligated to. I would be surprised if that doesn't come positive. If it is negative, it's a shame that his public image has been tarnished quite a bit if in fact it was for medical use. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

9. Default

But by revealing the test results, he can vindicate himself and really build up momentum to a rematch

Thread Information