+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mentor: GSP should retire in the cage Saturday night, and might

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-with-win-Sat/
    GSP will break multiple records with win Sat
    UFC welterweight Georges St-Pierre boasts the longest title reign in division history, but if he beats Johny Hendricks Saturday night at UFC 167, several records will fall, as detalied by FightMatrix:
    •A victory gives GSP the most wins ever with 19, breaking the current tie with former champion Matt Hughes. Randy Couture, Chuck Liddell, and Anderson Silva have 16, while Jon Fitch and Tito Ortiz have 15.
    •A victory gives GSP the most title bout wins ever with 12, breaking the current tie with former light heavyweight champion Anderson Silva.
    •Win, lose or draw, of the fight goes over 39 seconds, GSP will earn the record for most time in the Octagon. Current records are:
    BJ Penn 5:03:51
    Georges St-Pierre 5:03:12
    Tito Ortiz 5:01:53
    Randy Couture 4:40:06
    Frankie Edgar 4:31:11

There's no secret that GSP is starting to show those signs of age the same way Fedor started showing them at 32. It's the reality. He's still a fantastic game planner and a physical specimen, but GSP's days are numbered. If he wants to go out on top, Hendricks isn't a bad way to go.

His career will continue to go south until he eventually loses. If he wants to end with that legacy he always talked about in the past, the moment is here. Guys like Penn, Couture, Fedor, etc. stuck around too far passed their best years. GSP wanting to avoid that isn't a bad thing. I wouldn't be shocked if Silva beat Weidman and called it a career either. Avenge the loss and be done.

Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 11-12-2013 at 10:28 PM.

Man I still can't believe Erik Silva lost his last fight.. I would've loved to watch him fight GSP or even take on McDonald. Damnit Silva why did you have to go get yourself KO'd!
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

5. Default

Damnit Hendricks is making me like the shit out of him. Very likable guy.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

A victory gives GSP the most title bout wins ever with 12, breaking the current tie with former light heavyweight champion Anderson Silva.
    The facts aren't factual
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

As a big GSP guy, if he puts on a clinic saturday night, then he has earned the right to do whatever he wants. retire, fight, commentate, whatever. He has earned it. That being said i dont see Georges walk out of Vegas with that belt Saturday night.
    Im going to be in the 2nd row with my kids watching.

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    As a big GSP guy, if he puts on a clinic saturday night, then he has earned the right to do whatever he wants. retire, fight, commentate, whatever. He has earned it.
    H.
    You don't think he's already earned that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

GSP always had the right at any point.

Georges has probably banked 50+ million. While he has put off having a family in order to pursue his career, he was also enjoying the advantages of massive fame. A different model every night. Everyone fawning over him. I'm sure at some point such a life would become tiresome.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information