Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rony Jason suspended for unsportsmanlike conduct following UFN 32

Default Rony Jason suspended for unsportsmanlike conduct following UFN 32

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/11/1...llowing-ufn-32

The Brazilian MMA Athletic Commission announced that Jason received a 180-day medical suspension following the bout Monday, but CABMMA’s CEO Giovanni Biscardi announced that the featherweight will receive an extra punishment Tuesday.

Due to his unsportsmanlike conduct in the locker room area after his fight, CABMMA announced "the suspension of the athlete Rony ‘Jason’ Mariano for a period of 30 days, counted as from the end of the period of his medical suspension," said the release sent to MMAFighting.com.

With the pair of suspensions, Jason won’t be able to compete until June 9, 2014.

In the post-fight press conference, UFC president Dana White didn’t seem so upset with Jason’s behavior.

"This stuff happens," White said. "Especially young guys. A devastating loss like that, you do stupid stuff sometimes. I don’t think he expected to slice his arm open and get hurt, but it happens."

Awesome precedent but 30 day suspensions do DICK to fighters who don't fight but once a quarter.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

3. Default

So a suspension in Brazil carries over to other countries?

I know James Irvin once competed while on suspension received in the US, in another country.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Spit at a fighters corner, throw intentional illegal knees, fake an eye poke and you are all good.

Punch a door, suspended for unsportsmanlike like conduct. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    So a suspension in Brazil carries over to other countries?

I know James Irvin once competed while on suspension received in the US, in another country.
    He'll likely be in camp so it will be a non-issue IMO.

if he's cleared by a doctor within the 180 days does the 30 day start then or is he outta luck for 210 days pretty much?

The article said "the suspension of the athlete Rony ‘Jason’ Mariano for a period of 30 days, counted as from the end of the period of his medical suspension" so I would assume the full 210.

Quote Originally Posted by ckauffman28 View Post
    if he's cleared by a doctor within the 180 days does the 30 day start then or is he outta luck for 210 days pretty much?
    That's what I was wondering. When does the 30-day suspension start?
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

Quote Originally Posted by SMGRIFFIN View Post
    That's what I was wondering. When does the 30-day suspension start?
    Whenever he has been medically cleared to fight.

Seems a little silly to suspend the guy for it happened behind the scenes and the only one hurt in the process was himself. Make him pay for the cost of the door and be done with it.

Yeah, I personally think his broken hand was punishment enough... This only hurt him... Literally.

Thread Information