Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: World Series of Fighting reconsidering position on Rousimar Palhares

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ask you wife :)
    Posts
    2,432

    Default

    First fight I'd get a giggle from would be him vs Newell catchweight.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

    -Sam Rockwell

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    How come no one busts Frank Mir's balls for holding a kneebar on Lesnar for way too long? It was held a lot longer than anything Palhares has held.
    Fun fact: If you got back and watch the very early UFC events, Royce was bad for holding onto subs as well.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    16,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Doing it once like that no... doing it multiple times yes it did
    Has he been fined ever by the UFC? By a commission? Suspension? For the sub holding, that is? No.

    Dana made a brash move bases on emotion, public sentiment and shitty inflammatory, amateur MMA journalists.

    Palhares had to readjust to a more dominant angle and position for the hold. Heelhooks, in particular, are tricky to hold on to. He most likely did not anticipate such a quick tap.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 11-14-2013 at 03:35 PM.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    How come no one busts Frank Mir's balls for holding a kneebar on Lesnar for way too long? It was held a lot longer than anything Palhares has held.
    I always put that on Yamasaki. Mir let go as soon as he finally jumped in and waved it off. I guess you could make the case for saying Mir should have broken the hold but I just never saw it that way.

    (fun fact, I just defended Frank Mir for the first time ever)
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    How come no one busts Frank Mir's balls for holding a kneebar on Lesnar for way too long? It was held a lot longer than anything Palhares has held.
    Because he let go immediately after the ref jumped in, the ref didn't have to struggle to pull off the hold.



  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,371

    Default

    Rousimar Palhares signs with WSoF
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...gns-with-WSoF/

    Palhares is expected to debut in March. Although no opponent has been named, it is widely anticipated that WSoF will sign Ben Askren, and that would be a tremendous fight!

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,396

    Default

    Askren/Paul Harris would be a sick fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?


  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sackville N.B
    Posts
    3,193

    Default

    Sweet! Say what you will about Palhares, I've always found him to be a really exciting fighter and I'm glad he's found a promotion to show off his skills. I could see him winning the title there in two or three fights.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,502

    Default

    Someone was bound to employ him so there you go.

    If the latest incident had happened in a vacuum, I would have been the first to defend him. However, he has a quite storied history of conduct issues during competition and needs to clear that shit up ASAP.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    16,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Someone was bound to employ him so there you go.

    If the latest incident had happened in a vacuum, I would have been the first to defend him. However, he has a quite storied history of conduct issues during competition and needs to clear that shit up ASAP.
    MMA fans are fickle and won't forget.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •