Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: World Series of Fighting reconsidering position on Rousimar Palhares

First fight I'd get a giggle from would be him vs Newell catchweight.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    How come no one busts Frank Mir's balls for holding a kneebar on Lesnar for way too long? It was held a lot longer than anything Palhares has held.
    Fun fact: If you got back and watch the very early UFC events, Royce was bad for holding onto subs as well.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Doing it once like that no... doing it multiple times yes it did
    Has he been fined ever by the UFC? By a commission? Suspension? For the sub holding, that is? No.

Dana made a brash move bases on emotion, public sentiment and shitty inflammatory, amateur MMA journalists.

Palhares had to readjust to a more dominant angle and position for the hold. Heelhooks, in particular, are tricky to hold on to. He most likely did not anticipate such a quick tap.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 11-14-2013 at 03:35 PM.

How come no one busts Frank Mir's balls for holding a kneebar on Lesnar for way too long? It was held a lot longer than anything Palhares has held.
    I always put that on Yamasaki. Mir let go as soon as he finally jumped in and waved it off. I guess you could make the case for saying Mir should have broken the hold but I just never saw it that way.

(fun fact, I just defended Frank Mir for the first time ever)
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Because he let go immediately after the ref jumped in, the ref didn't have to struggle to pull off the hold.

Rousimar Palhares signs with WSoF
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...gns-with-WSoF/

Palhares is expected to debut in March. Although no opponent has been named, it is widely anticipated that WSoF will sign Ben Askren, and that would be a tremendous fight!

Askren/Paul Harris would be a sick fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Sweet! Say what you will about Palhares, I've always found him to be a really exciting fighter and I'm glad he's found a promotion to show off his skills. I could see him winning the title there in two or three fights.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Someone was bound to employ him so there you go.

If the latest incident had happened in a vacuum, I would have been the first to defend him. However, he has a quite storied history of conduct issues during competition and needs to clear that shit up ASAP.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Someone was bound to employ him so there you go.

If the latest incident had happened in a vacuum, I would have been the first to defend him. However, he has a quite storied history of conduct issues during competition and needs to clear that shit up ASAP.
    MMA fans are fickle and won't forget.

Thread Information