+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: World Series of Fighting reconsidering position on Rousimar Palhares

Should they?

Apologizing is one thing but he continues to do these type of things.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Should they?

Apologizing is one thing but he continues to do these type of things.
    Except that the last incident was not really even an incident.

The Helen Lovejoys think it was though.

I guess we'll be disagreeing on this one and, before anyone even attempts to insinuate, Palhares has removed any potential for the benefit of the doubt. He has a pattern.

Haha...Reverend Lovejoy's old lady....

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

http://mmajunkie.com/2013/11/26/wsof...kelvin-tiller/
    WSOF acquisitions continue with Razak Al-Hassan, Luis Palomino, Kelvin Tiller

Rousimar Palhares Ďfixing the issuesí, ready for new a life at WSOF

"Weíre working hard to make sure that it never happens again," Palhares told MMAFighting.com. "I wasnít focused and I didnít realize that I was doing it. Now that I can see it, I hope I can work hard on that. Weíre training the right way, fixing the issues. Itís perfect now.

"I never wanted to cause any harm to anyone, and I always believed Iíd be able to find a new promotion to fight. Iím really happy that everything is back to normal in my life."

Palhares is expected to make his WSOF debut in March, but no opponent has been lined up yet. Jon Fitch, another welterweight under contract with the promotion, has said in the past that he wouldnít fight the Brazilian after what he did to Pierce. However, "Toquinho" is confident that WSOF wonít have any problems finding an opponent for his debut.

"Iíll fight anyone," he said. "Iím here, Iím ready. Iíve signed the contract and Iím happy to get back to the cage. I want to be back in the best shape of my life. Iíve found my weight class, and now Iíll be able to show everything I can do.

"The only thing that bothered me is the fact that (Fitch) said he doesnít like me, but I never did anything to him. He said things without knowing me. I hope I can show him who I really am so heíll change his opinion about me. I have nothing against him."

Palharesí manager, Alex Davis is happy to have his fighter back to the game.

"Iím really happy for the opportunity that Ray Sefo and Ali Abdel-Aziz gave him," Davis said. "Iím sure heíll do big fights at the WSOF. I still believe he didnít deserve to get cut by the UFC. He would have become the welterweight champion there, and Iím sure heíll become the WSOF champion."

Except that the last incident was not really even an incident.
    Strange.....

"We’re working hard to make sure that it never happens again," Palhares told MMAFighting.com. "I wasn’t focused and I didn’t realize that I was doing it. Now that I can see it, I hope I can work hard on that. We’re training the right way, fixing the issues. It’s perfect now.
    I'm glad he decided to fix his non-issue that he caused his non-incident.

Ha they signed Al-Hassan. I just remember him as the guy who got his arm ripped off by Steve Cantwell.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Ha they signed Al-Hassan. I just remember him as the guy who got his arm ripped off by Steve Cantwell.

Dude... that's hard to watch...

I've always said Martial Arts is about self control more so than defeating an opponent. Hopefully he's grown as a martial artist and will find success, even if he never competes in the UFC again. Hopefully he gets a crack at Bellator or ONE FC. World Series Of fighting I don't see sticking around very long. Just a weird promotion that has fights every once in a while. hard to build momentum or recognition like that.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information