Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESPN: Best UFC fights of all time

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I'd bump Chuck/Wandi for any of those. That fight was 3 years too late and the end was stunningly underwhelming. Watching Chuck check the clock and go for the safest option was like watching a bad Chuck Liddell impersonator defile his image.

rh
    My reticence in mentioning Chuck/Wand is rooted what you said above, coupled with the heartbreak of Wand not pulling out the win, when he was really starting to pour it on, plus the awesome knockdown. One of those "If that were a five rounder" comments comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I'd bump Chuck/Wandi for any of those. That fight was 3 years too late and the end was stunningly underwhelming. Watching Chuck check the clock and go for the safest option was like watching a bad Chuck Liddell impersonator defile his image.

rh
    Great move strategically but kind of spits in the face of the mantra he preaches about today's fighters, huh.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Great move strategically but kind of spits in the face of the mantra he preaches about today's fighters, huh.
    Obviously, Chuck's situation was different. It wasn't the same as fighters have it today, Vanilla Ice style.
    You have to know what you don't know.

Forrest vs Bonnar TUF finale is ranked too high. I get the fact that it was a huge turning point, but that turning point was happening regardless. Plus, it was kind of a sloppy fight. I would give it no more than #10.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I'm assuming that this was written before the Gilbert Melendez vs Diego Sanchez fight because that would have at least cracked the top ten. Other than that it's not a bad list.
    It's entirely subjective but that wouldn't even be in my top 10 of 2013, maybe not even top 20.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

dimerules28 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    It's entirely subjective but that wouldn't even be in my top 10 of 2013, maybe not even top 20.
    Yeah no shit. It was a good fight no doubt, but jesus top ten of all time? No way in hell. Lol the next week chandler/alvarez had a better fight. Its prolly not even top 100 of all time.

Thread Information