Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ben Askren released fom bellator

Honestly I don't see Askren rolling through a few fights and a championship. IMO he will come into the UFC in similar fashion to Lombard. The competition in the top 5 is going to be significantly different than most his fights. I see him being competitive in the top 5 and his wrestling makes him a threat to anyone. That said, I don't have him picked against any one of the top 3 today.

I guess we'll find out sooner than later. I'm sure Alvarez is something pissed right now.
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

I'm a huge Condit fan but I pick Askren 7 of 10 in that fight. Kampmann took him down at will without doing much to set it up.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Can't wait for this. Of course I am a homer being a Missouri fan and having several guys at my gym who have trained with Ben. War Askren. Hope the UFC picks him up.

Top 5 MOST BORING FIGHTERS ever.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Looking forward to a fight with Kos...

I hope Askren signs with the UFC and gets subsequently released after getting KO'd 3 times in a row.

kos or shields..good test.
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Wouldn't it be amazing to see if Hendricks or Ellenberger could nullify his control, though???

In those fights, he's on the end of a huge right hand and looking at the stars IMO.
    Oh certainly i would love to see those match ups. I think Hendricks stuffs the TD's and Ko's him were as Ellenberger would be a closer fight to call if he gets tentative with his hands like he did against Rory.

I would tune into either fight as a co-main or a main of a free card.

MIZjitsZOU

I have family in Columbia and actively root for Mizzou's teams and former student athletes but i just couldn't with that guy he comes across so smug and arrogant.

I am however a die hard UofM fan and Charles Woodson was a man that could do no wrong even when he became a Packer. So i kinda understand but Woodson was never the kind of person i think Askren is.
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

i hope the UFC doesnt sign him. Only bellator guy im interested in and would want to see in the UFC is Alvarez.

Thread Information