Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ben Askren released fom bellator

I just wonder how big of a push he will get if he comes to the UFC. I think a fight with Shields would be more boring then his fight with Mia.
    Good push would be against Mia, Rory, or Ellenberger..

Weak push Kos, Lombard, Dong Yun Kim

Imagine a Shields vs Askren fight.....ZZZZZzzzzzzzz
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

If the UFC signs him they need to match him up with a wrestler that has some good takedown defense. Kos, Ellenberger and Hendricks (if he loses) would be all good match ups to start him out with.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    i hope the UFC doesnt sign him. Only bellator guy im interested in and would want to see in the UFC is Alvarez.
    You wouldn't want them to sign Chandler as well ?

The hole situation is just confusing, I really don't understand why they would release their champ. Even if he is one dimensional as Rebney says, he is undefeated, top ranked, and his last 2 fights were finishes.

I'm no fan of the guy but that's weird.

He's there trojan horse. If he can win the title it legitimizes bellator's claims that their champs are just as good as UFC's.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

I still have absolutely no interest in seeing him in the UFC, or WSOF for that matter. I don't see him leaving Bellator being a good career move for him.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by kingrobert View Post
    I just wonder how big of a push he will get if he comes to the UFC. I think a fight with Shields would be more boring then his fight with Mia.
    Good push would be against Mia, Rory, or Ellenberger..

Weak push Kos, Lombard, Dong Yun Kim
    Ellenberger would be a good fight. I can't see him getting Rory, unless GSP continues to fight and Rory won't step up. Matching them could put Askren in the mix right away, if he wins. If he loses and Rory still ain't fighting his BFF, it just further messes up the WW division.

I'd be game to see him with Kos, Ellenberger, Mia. I'd almost go 50/50 on him winning or losing any of those.
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    You wouldn't want them to sign Chandler as well ?
    he just signed on with Bellator for something like 8 fights. Hes not going anywhere anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    He's there trojan horse. If he can win the title it legitimizes bellator's claims that their champs are just as good as UFC's.
    I'm sure this is what Bjorn is hoping and praying for and a main reason he just let Ben go, after Dana failed to take the bait on the GSP fight. It does more for Bellator releasing him then praying nightly that he makes his way into the cage with GSP and wins. If that doesn't happen, he loses a dominate fighter who can be boring as hell but would have tied up the belt within Bellator for some time to come. Win/win for Bjorn in my mind.
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    he just signed on with Bellator for something like 8 fights. Hes not going anywhere anytime soon.
    Well unless they keep trying to run PPV's with Tito as a headliner...

Was just curious because the only one you said you want over from Bellator was Alvarez

Thread Information