Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones vs Teixeira at UFC 170 not so fast. Jones pulls out of fight

Default Jones vs Teixeira at UFC 170 not so fast. Jones pulls out of fight

Dana White was just interviewed and stated that after requesting he fight Glover next, he has now pulled out of that fight. It was just recently announced that the fight would take place at UFC 170, February 2014. Reason has yet to be disclosed. Here is the link:

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/99...ixeira-ufc-170
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

Default Jon Jones out of UFC 170 Title Defense against Glover Teixeira

Jon Jones out of UFC 170 Title Defense against Glover Teixeira

LAS VEGAS -- Hope you didn't book a flight to see that Jon Jones-Glover Teixeira fight in Las Vegas just yet.

Just one day after UFC president Dana White announced that Jones would fight Teixeira in the main event of UFC 170 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center, White said Jones won't be fighting on Feb. 22.

"I told you yesterday that Jones will fight on Feb. 22," White told reporters following the UFC 167 press conference. "He won't fight in Feb. 22. He just pulled out of the fight. He's not fighting Feb. 22."

Adding an air of mystery to the situation, White declined to say why the UFC light heavyweight champion won't defend his belt on that night.

"He's not injured," was the only further info White offered on the reasons for the pullout. White also said he believe Jones-Teixeira could go off in March.

The UFC boss also indicated that UFC 170 will go on as planned at Mandalay Bay, with a new main event to be named later.
    Can't wait to hear the explanation for this.

"If you want to destroy my sweater (MMA News Forum), read this thread as I walk away." -Jon Jones

Last edited by trustkill; 11-14-2013 at 07:29 PM.

JJ pulled out of a fight without injury like 3 months beforehand? Cant wait to here the excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by the_dark_angel_4ever View Post
    JJ pulled out of a fight without injury like 3 months beforehand? Cant wait to here the excuse.
    Me too. Im a big Jones fans and to me this is ridiculous. White states it was Jones that pulled out, this after requesting Glover. Man let the circus begin
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

Experimental surgery to implant an actual personality?

It takes a long time to rehab from that.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I'll reserve judgement till I hear more. Has to be a good reason for this.

My guess, is after all the bitching and moaning they are setting up Jones vs Gus 2

Either an injury or Jones vs Goose 2
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

His vagina hurts.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Fight is not cancelled, it is just delayed. Should be in March instead of February. Bones was just in one hell of a war and had a busy calendar this year. I think he's earned a couple of extra months off if he wants it.

Thread Information