Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What mediocre fighter put together the best string of wins?

1. Default

Mike Swick, when he first came onto the scene post TUF.

I never liked Tim Boestch at all. He went 8-1 before losing to Costa
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Michael Bisping?

sotiropolous, cerrone and jim miller come to mind off of the top of my head. obviously because of like 6 straight rematches for the title a lot of lightweights were able to string together long winning streaks.
    Last edited by IceCold48; 11-14-2013 at 06:27 PM.

Do contenders count? Cause I always thought Diego was mediocre. One name that sticks out is Sokoudjou. He put a nice string of two ko wins against two big names (lil nog, arona).

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Thiago alves won 7 straight.
    Thiago silva
    Diego
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Good picks. I didn't think of Alves as mediocre but now that I think of it.
    I wouldn't consider him mediocre either. He had 3 wins over fighters who were top 5 at the time. There is no shame in losing to Fitch or GSP. He won the Story fight and was easily winning the Kampmann fight up unti the last minute.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

James Thompson is another one that one point was 12-1 or something like that.

Bisping was 17-1 at a time, but I would not consider him mediocre. He is not champion material but he is a good fighter.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Jon Fitch.

Mediocre as in will never will a UFC title.
    Curse you!

My number 1 choice would be George Sotiropoulos. He went on an 8 fight win streak (7 in the ufc), beating some pretty good up and comers during that time. I have never really thought George was anything special, maybe others disagree.

Roger Huerta is another one, he had a 6 fight win streak and was almost in line for a title shot, before florian derailed him.

Also, how about Karo Parisyan? It can be argued that he wasn't Mediocre before his injury, but he had a big streak in the ufc and then didn't really go anywhere.. except down in the rankings.

I know many people will disagree (about him being mediocre), but i think that Melvin Guillard should be considered. He made a few good streaks in the ufc, but I don't see him as much more than a gatekeeper.

Quote Originally Posted by hurt80 View Post
    one that pops into mind is Forrest Griffin, he went 7-2 in his first 9 UFC fights winning the LHW title
    I don't think Forrest is mediocre at all, he was just a solid fighter that achieved more than most expected. If this was just about people who overachieved relative to their skill set, then for sure he should be on there. I was thoroughly surprised when he beat shogun and rampage.

Thread Information