Thread: Why would bellator make Rampage vs. Beltran the main event ?

Default Why would bellator make Rampage vs. Beltran the main event ?

Why would bellator take two x ufc fighters who are both in a sense on a 3 fight losing streak one having been busted on anabolic steroids one canít make weight.
    Put them in as the main event over your fucking HWC are you kidding me Wtf

Whatever happened to we wonít be picking up the ufc scraps.
    It just seems like a slap in the face to the guys who been fighting for bellator
    when was the last time we have seen a heavy weight title fight not be the main event.
    Have we ever and if so was it due to other titles being on the line ?

why do i even try ????????????????????????

I wouldn't doubt that it's somewhere in Rampage's contract that he has to be the main event. That and I think Bellator is seriously overestimating the drawing power of Rampage.

the vast majority of MMA fans are ignorant assholes who--on paper--couldn't tell a good fight from a bad one unless joe rogaine spelled it out for them before hand and told them to watch.

So while roughly 80% of Bellator's roster is better than rampage and beltran put together, I would assume that Rebney is counting on guys tuning in to watch one or both of them, and then realizing that the overall quality of Bellator's shows are better than your average UFN and sticking around to watch in the future.

I would also agree with Rise that it's probably somewhere in rampage's contract that he's a main event, and he's probably pulling a percentage. I also believe he gets cut after yet another bloated, lackluster performance or two.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

The fact that there is no post on the actual events suggests that this forum should be renamed www.ufcnews.com. Great fights so far tonight.

Bad stand up.

And an early stoppage.

Not a super impressive performance from Rampage, but he got the job done. The way he went for broke at the end if R1 makes me think he has a bonus clause for an early stoppage.

"Thankfully his PPV with Tito is still intact."

Thread Information