Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beltran vs Rampage

I didn't think Rampage looked that bad. Beltran has an iron chin and got dropped hard.

Not Bellator's fault that the stoppages were early.

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    That was a horrible stoppage! I still can't stand Bellator's commentating. Anyway I think Rampage looked bad, he was getting beat in my opinion by Beltran almost the whole first round til they played rock em sock em robots. I dunno man, it's Beltran, he should have been allowed to continue. I'm really annoyed with all the fights so far tonight but by far the most annoying is the HW title fight, that was way early esp for a title fight.

I want to see Rampage/Buentello now.

I think the 205 Headhunter dusts the guy we saw tonight. Matter of fact, I think Newton might too.

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    Not Bellator's fault that the stoppages were early.
    I know it's not their fault for the stoppages but that doesn't change that I can't stand their commentating. "Rampage back and looking better than ever" or Patricio Pitbull...what? who? Oh Patricio Pitbull Friere? or however it's spelled. Sorry, I'm tired, been working 84 hours a week and staying up late (for me) to watch "good fights".
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    I know it's not their fault for the stoppages but that doesn't change that I can't stand their commentating. "Rampage back and looking better than ever" or Patricio Pitbull...what? who? Oh Patricio Pitbull Friere? or however it's spelled. Sorry, I'm tired, been working 84 hours a week and staying up late (for me) to watch "good fights".
    i completely agree with anything you just said but a lot of the fighters in your sig are retired or disappeared haha

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    i completely agree with anything you just said but a lot of the fighters in your sig are retired or disappeared haha
    Shhhhhh not in my mind especially Hominick!!! He's still winning fights like he did in UCC and TKO and really it's only Hominick, Goulet (thank god!) and Carwin that are retired.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Horrible, horrible performance, and an entirely questionable stoppage. Anyone who still has rampage anywhere near the top 25 is deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Hendo destroys him IMO and this sounds silly, but I think even a near crippled Tito outworks Rampage and GNPs him to a decision.
    I think that horrible performance might actually make it attractive to Henderson...pop over to Bellator, get paid heavily and avenge a bullshit controversial loss. Henderson could actually be the guy for Bellator that they'd love rampage to be.

I'm betting Tito begs for a fight with Jackson, and would be willing to fight hurt this time.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Horrible, horrible performance, and an entirely questionable stoppage. Anyone who still has rampage anywhere near the top 25 is deluded.

I think that horrible performance might actually make it attractive to Henderson...pop over to Bellator, get paid heavily and avenge a bullshit controversial loss. Henderson could actually be the guy for Bellator that they'd love rampage to be.

I'm betting Tito begs for a fight with Jackson, and would be willing to fight hurt this time.

rh
    Regardless of what people say about Tito, when he's in the cage he cuts a slick pace and would undoubtedly outwork Rampage. Last night made me laugh, because I kept saying, "If 'Page can't even make 205 for a glorified can fight, and looks this lethargic and muddled against Beltran, Tito beats him!". I could really see Tito gassing Page and riding him to an ugly, yet 100% winnable GNP decision. Heck, I think Rampage would quit on his stool after the second if Tito could uncork one round of his GNP.

That said, Tito is physically done and for every excuse he's given and all his injuries, his body is a legitimate trainwreck.

As for Hendo, we could definitely see that "Hendo resurgence/anti-fathertime" narrative SF was giving us during his Babalu/Fejaio/Fedor run once again, even if it is against subpar competition like Rampage, Tito, Newton etc. Personally, I'd love to see Hendo/Mo, but I think all those injuries have really marginalized Mo's once promising career.

The only concern with investing in Hendo(outside of his age and diminishing results), is that his wading, lumberssome-style these days could potentially be out finessed by guys on their bikes able to avoid that "HBomb".

RJJ may actually be the best LHW in BFC lol.

Got to see the fight and what a joke. Dude didn't even fight st his weight classs. Plodding forward throwing punches and looking foolish. Looks like they want to make Rampage to Bellator what Kimbo was to Elite XC.

Only fight I git to see and from the sounds of it I didn't miss out on anything.

Eh, I didn't think rampage looked too bad. I liked that he was throwing some kicks, but he didn't have much of an answer for being pressed against the cage and he was winging a lot of punches with out setting them up or aiming.

Thread Information