Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Official UFC 167: St. Pierre vs Hendricks discussion thread

I had scored it a draw but rounds 1 and 2 were very close, but I think GSP could have stolen them. GSP won rounds 3 and 5 without a doubt IMO.. Hendricks got the 4th but he gassed at the end of the second and possibly gave that round back to GSP.

I thought they judges would score it for Hendricks but I've never jumped so high in my life when GSP won, I was worried.

Right guy won.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

It was no worse at all then the Jones/Gustafson fight. Jones got his ass beat and lost that fight. GSP made a case and I didn't feel it was a robbery either RH.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Great card overall though

Lawlor/Rory: Wow what a brawl I was on my feet this whole fight and it could have been FOTN. I really like Rory but I always root for Lawlor, how can't you like the dude and the way he fights? I didn't really care who won at the start but Robbie Lawlor fucking fought ridiculous.. Rory doesn't make mistakes and does't get caught, Lawlor brought the old school back like Belfort last night! Good call by the judges. LAWLOR VS HENDRICKS NEXT!??!??!?!?!!?

Woodley/Koscheck: I knew someone was going to sleep early, and kind of expected it to be Koscheck going down. He is a shadow of his former self and abandoned his wrestling and anyone who gets hit with those kind of shots are going to hit the canvas. I think Koscheck needs to hang it up.. Give Woodley someone like Damien Maia or Rick Story or a rematch with Shields I'd even go for after 1 more fight, but a real scrap would be Woodley vs Lorenz Larkin if they could meet in weight.

Rashad/Chael: Exactly how I predicted.. I said it would look a lot like Tito/Rashad. I didn't see the focus and fire in Chael at all leading up to the fight and he wasn't mentally prepared for the kind of athlete Rashad Evans is. Rashad vs Belfort anyone?????? Maybe.. Rashad vs ..? Lots of good opportunities..

Saw several people on another forum (sorry, cheating on you guys ), that they thought Hendericks tapped in round 1, anyone else see that?

Just watched again, didn't look like it, the tapping looked like it happened just after GSP let go of the pressure so likely not a tap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMCVSV4v7WA

Everyone complaining about GSP winning, Hendricks gave away the belt by losing round 5, it could easily been scored 2-2 going into the last round. Not the judges fault that Hendricks didn't do much in the last round.

I think one way or the other Hendrix becomes champ. This reminds me of the Lenix Louis vs Vitali Klichtcho fight, Lewis won the fight on a cut, but got his ass kicked. Then he retired. We may not see George get back in the cage, but regardless, I think Hendrix is the new champ in 2014. One guy clearly looked like the boss in that fight, and it wasn't the champ.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

8. Default

Did Johny Hendricks tap out in UFC 167 headliner? Evidence is thin at best
    http://mmajunkie.com/2013/11/17/did-...-thin-at-best/

LAS VEGAS – Whether it’s a growing legion of believers or simply a vocal minority, some UFC 167 viewers have suggested Johny Hendricks tapped out in the first round of Saturday’s headliner. The evidence is thin at best, though.

Hendricks (15-2 MMA, 10-2 UFC), who ultimately suffered a controversial split-decision defeat to welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre (25-2 MMA, 19-2 UFC), was reeling after Saturday’s pay-per-view event at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena. The challenger clearly thought he won – and nearly all cageside media members agreed – but ultimately St-Pierre claimed the victory via 47-48, 48-47 and 48-47 scores.

However, more than a few fans have suggested the fight should have never gotten out of the first round. They argue that Hendricks tapped out during a scramble in the opening minute of the fight.

However, as can be seen with the above .gif, the evidence is weak, if not nonexistent. After St-Pierre sweeps with a guillotine choke, Hendricks pushes away the champ’s thigh and gets to his knees. Neither Hendricks nor St-Pierre reacted in any manner that suggested there was any confusion over a tap.
    *for some reason I can't copy the gif.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

He wasn't even touching GSP with his hand the angle makes it seem so but he is actually leveraging GSP's leg with his forearm.
    http://www.facebook.com/theboasphere
    http://www.theboasphere.com

“Just because I’m respectful doesn’t mean I’m not going in there to win. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I’m going in there to walk away with this belt,” -
    Frankie "The Answer" Edgar

Thread Information