Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: Official UFC 167: St. Pierre vs Hendricks discussion thread

hey guys, sorry i just got off the plane with my boys from vegas. so i guess its time to chime in.
    the crowd was super hot for the main event. crowd was probably 75% GSP fans. Any of you who have read a thread or post of mine regarding GSP, I am a friend of his and a big fan of his. That being said he did not win that fight! It wasn't as close as Gus/Jones. I know there is always the rule of "tie goes to the incumbent", but this wasnt a tie. MY best friend, another big GSP fan said " he didnt do enough to take the belt!". My reply was this " if this was a non title fight with 2 other ppl would hendrix have won? the answer is yes. a win is a win. not " well u won but not enough to take the title."
    I know Georges is done and bigg rigg is gonna get that belt but bigg rigg earned it saturday night.

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

GSP wins rounds 1,3,5. When Hendricks did win rounds 2 and 4 he put a beatdown on Georges but imho i wouldnt consider any of those rounds 10-8 rounds thus making the decision not as controversial as some make it out to be. You cant judge a fight off what one guy looks like compared to what the other guy looks like at the end of the fight. Hendricks may have won the "fight" but at the end of the day this is MMA and in MMA there is a scoring system and based off that scoring system - Gsp wins the fight

Matt Hughes: GSP vs. Hendricks was 'worst decision in UFC history'
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...n-UFC-history/

Matt Hughes @matthughes9x
    •With the decision last night I would have been less surprised if they gave Johny EVERY round. Will go down as worst decision in UFC history.

•Guys I like GSP. He did NOTHING wrong. It's the commission that screwed up. Look what this did to Johny. GSPs corner thought they lost.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    GSP wins rounds 1,3,5. When Hendricks did win rounds 2 and 4 he put a beatdown on Georges but imho i wouldnt consider any of those rounds 10-8 rounds thus making the decision not as controversial as some make it out to be. You cant judge a fight off what one guy looks like compared to what the other guy looks like at the end of the fight. Hendricks may have won the "fight" but at the end of the day this is MMA and in MMA there is a scoring system and based off that scoring system - Gsp wins the fight
    Honeslty I do not see how GSP won the first round. They both scored takedowns and held each other on the ground for the same amount of time. So the grappling goes out the window and it comes down to striking. They landed about the same amount of strikes (Hendricks 27, GSP 26), but Hendricks landed 75% of his strikes and GSP only landed 57%. So for most of the first round GSP was swinging at air, where as Hendricks was connecting. Plus Hendricks landed the better shots throughout the first round with those vicious elbows.

According to Fightmetric (not perfect I know) the closest round of the whole fight was the 3rd round. Which is one everyone saw clearly for GSP.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Honeslty I do not see how GSP won the first round. They both scored takedowns and held each other on the ground for the same amount of time. So the grappling goes out the window and it comes down to striking. They landed about the same amount of strikes (Hendricks 27, GSP 26), but Hendricks landed 75% of his strikes and GSP only landed 57%. So for most of the first round GSP was swinging at air, where as Hendricks was connecting. Plus Hendricks landed the better shots throughout the first round with those vicious elbows.

According to Fightmetric (not perfect I know) the closest round of the whole fight was the 3rd round. Which is one everyone saw clearly for GSP.
    you completely throw the sub attempt by GSP in the first out the window. At that point - not knowing what would take place throughout the rest of the fight and the striking being virtually the same (minus % of strikes and gsp having 1 more significant strike) at the end of the round I personally had GSP with that round. 9 times out of 10 that close of a first round in a title fight always goes to the champion - why is it so surprising it went that way again this time?

6. Default

Hey guys...this just in.

Johny Hendricks lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Hey guys...this just in.

Johny Hendricks lost.
    So we can't debate the fight at all? Ok. Lets have the admins close down all the UFC 167 threads. Lets start talkng about the TUF Finale only. Marynard v. Diaz, who do you guys have? I am taking Diaz via decision.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Im tired of the whining. He lost. It was close. He didn't finish the fight and didn't do enough. It wasn't a robbery. It wasn't bad at all.

Just tired of the whining.
    Then don't go in the threads? Simple solution.

Thread Information