Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Official UFC 167: St. Pierre vs Hendricks discussion thread

If you look at 1... Hendricks tapped to the Guillotine... I thought the fight was over there. Either way I gave 1 - 3 - 5 to GSP... It was a close fight no doubt. Personally I would have been good with a draw (without the tap), but I think the commentary sucked and I think if you watch the fight without the commentary I believe most people would go 3-2 GSP.

Aaaand most confusing post-fight interview of all time goes to...

It's kind of hard to take the belt in a fight that could have questionably been a loss and then proclaim to "take a break for a little bit". I'm a big GSP fan, but honestly he needs to either stay around and defend that belt or retire for good, I'm guessing we'll hear his post-adrenaline-rush opinion in the next day or two.

You can't fault GSP for retiring. He's fought a ton of round, taken a lot of shots to the dome. He's got a lot of life left and a lot of cash in the bank. Why keep getting his brain scrambled.

Well this sucks.

Extremely controversial match that I think GSP lost, and then he half-retires.

And I didn't see the fight yet, but I read that Rory lost to Lawler.

Shit.

It would be so terrible if Hendricks didn't get the rematch with GSP. He absolutely has the tools and ability to beat GSP decisively.
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

Bullshit... That is all.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Make Hendricks vs Lawler for an interm title or the real title if GSP is done.

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    Well this sucks.

Extremely controversial match that I think GSP lost, and then he half-retires.

And I didn't see the fight yet, but I read that Rory lost to Lawler.

Shit.
    It was a good match but the most surprising thing about the fight is how much of a poor sport Rory is.
    "After Overeem lands two knees, Fujita backs into the corner then sheepishly tries sneaking past. Alistair punches him back into the corner and lands a third knee that I swear lights on fucking fire before it impacts.". -cracked version of the climax of Fujita vs Overeem fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid View Post
    I get nervous when I see security guards at Target.

Quote Originally Posted by helipoison View Post
    If you look at 1... Hendricks tapped to the Guillotine...

I thought I saw that too.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post

Wow, Peezy is making sense for once!

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Beating Rory is a great feather in his cap, but I think Condit vs Hendricks II is the fight for the interim belt. I thought the first fight was close and I think the second will be better.

Thread Information