Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: Official UFC 167: St. Pierre vs Hendricks discussion thread

Everyone complaining about GSP winning, Hendricks gave away the belt by losing round 5, it could easily been scored 2-2 going into the last round. Not the judges fault that Hendricks didn't do much in the last round.

I think one way or the other Hendrix becomes champ. This reminds me of the Lenix Louis vs Vitali Klichtcho fight, Lewis won the fight on a cut, but got his ass kicked. Then he retired. We may not see George get back in the cage, but regardless, I think Hendrix is the new champ in 2014. One guy clearly looked like the boss in that fight, and it wasn't the champ.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

3. Default

Did Johny Hendricks tap out in UFC 167 headliner? Evidence is thin at best
    http://mmajunkie.com/2013/11/17/did-...-thin-at-best/

LAS VEGAS – Whether it’s a growing legion of believers or simply a vocal minority, some UFC 167 viewers have suggested Johny Hendricks tapped out in the first round of Saturday’s headliner. The evidence is thin at best, though.

Hendricks (15-2 MMA, 10-2 UFC), who ultimately suffered a controversial split-decision defeat to welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre (25-2 MMA, 19-2 UFC), was reeling after Saturday’s pay-per-view event at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena. The challenger clearly thought he won – and nearly all cageside media members agreed – but ultimately St-Pierre claimed the victory via 47-48, 48-47 and 48-47 scores.

However, more than a few fans have suggested the fight should have never gotten out of the first round. They argue that Hendricks tapped out during a scramble in the opening minute of the fight.

However, as can be seen with the above .gif, the evidence is weak, if not nonexistent. After St-Pierre sweeps with a guillotine choke, Hendricks pushes away the champ’s thigh and gets to his knees. Neither Hendricks nor St-Pierre reacted in any manner that suggested there was any confusion over a tap.
    *for some reason I can't copy the gif.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

He wasn't even touching GSP with his hand the angle makes it seem so but he is actually leveraging GSP's leg with his forearm.
    http://www.facebook.com/theboasphere
    http://www.theboasphere.com

ďJust because Iím respectful doesnít mean Iím not going in there to win. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and Iím going in there to walk away with this belt,Ē -
    Frankie "The Answer" Edgar

hey guys, sorry i just got off the plane with my boys from vegas. so i guess its time to chime in.
    the crowd was super hot for the main event. crowd was probably 75% GSP fans. Any of you who have read a thread or post of mine regarding GSP, I am a friend of his and a big fan of his. That being said he did not win that fight! It wasn't as close as Gus/Jones. I know there is always the rule of "tie goes to the incumbent", but this wasnt a tie. MY best friend, another big GSP fan said " he didnt do enough to take the belt!". My reply was this " if this was a non title fight with 2 other ppl would hendrix have won? the answer is yes. a win is a win. not " well u won but not enough to take the title."
    I know Georges is done and bigg rigg is gonna get that belt but bigg rigg earned it saturday night.

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

GSP wins rounds 1,3,5. When Hendricks did win rounds 2 and 4 he put a beatdown on Georges but imho i wouldnt consider any of those rounds 10-8 rounds thus making the decision not as controversial as some make it out to be. You cant judge a fight off what one guy looks like compared to what the other guy looks like at the end of the fight. Hendricks may have won the "fight" but at the end of the day this is MMA and in MMA there is a scoring system and based off that scoring system - Gsp wins the fight

Matt Hughes: GSP vs. Hendricks was 'worst decision in UFC history'
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...n-UFC-history/

Matt Hughes @matthughes9x
    •With the decision last night I would have been less surprised if they gave Johny EVERY round. Will go down as worst decision in UFC history.

•Guys I like GSP. He did NOTHING wrong. It's the commission that screwed up. Look what this did to Johny. GSPs corner thought they lost.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    GSP wins rounds 1,3,5. When Hendricks did win rounds 2 and 4 he put a beatdown on Georges but imho i wouldnt consider any of those rounds 10-8 rounds thus making the decision not as controversial as some make it out to be. You cant judge a fight off what one guy looks like compared to what the other guy looks like at the end of the fight. Hendricks may have won the "fight" but at the end of the day this is MMA and in MMA there is a scoring system and based off that scoring system - Gsp wins the fight
    Honeslty I do not see how GSP won the first round. They both scored takedowns and held each other on the ground for the same amount of time. So the grappling goes out the window and it comes down to striking. They landed about the same amount of strikes (Hendricks 27, GSP 26), but Hendricks landed 75% of his strikes and GSP only landed 57%. So for most of the first round GSP was swinging at air, where as Hendricks was connecting. Plus Hendricks landed the better shots throughout the first round with those vicious elbows.

According to Fightmetric (not perfect I know) the closest round of the whole fight was the 3rd round. Which is one everyone saw clearly for GSP.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Honeslty I do not see how GSP won the first round. They both scored takedowns and held each other on the ground for the same amount of time. So the grappling goes out the window and it comes down to striking. They landed about the same amount of strikes (Hendricks 27, GSP 26), but Hendricks landed 75% of his strikes and GSP only landed 57%. So for most of the first round GSP was swinging at air, where as Hendricks was connecting. Plus Hendricks landed the better shots throughout the first round with those vicious elbows.

According to Fightmetric (not perfect I know) the closest round of the whole fight was the 3rd round. Which is one everyone saw clearly for GSP.
    you completely throw the sub attempt by GSP in the first out the window. At that point - not knowing what would take place throughout the rest of the fight and the striking being virtually the same (minus % of strikes and gsp having 1 more significant strike) at the end of the round I personally had GSP with that round. 9 times out of 10 that close of a first round in a title fight always goes to the champion - why is it so surprising it went that way again this time?

10. Default

Hey guys...this just in.

Johny Hendricks lost.

Thread Information