Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: GSP retirement: I'm going crazy, can't sleep, have issues, and need to get away

The aliens I tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    I have no problem with him taking time off. If he feels he needs it, he has earned it. Does it suck that Hendricks won't get a rematch right away, yea it does. But GSP needs to do what is right for GSP and I hope he does. If needs to retire or take sometime off I hope he does. I would not like to see GSP lose the title because he has mental issues or can not focus on fighting.
    if you get millions of dollars to do a job and you are physically able to do that job you shouldn't be able determine when you can take an extended period of time off.

i understand dana there but if anyone does deserve it it is gsp but its a company and a business if he is an active fighter in the company, he should have to defend the belt. even if it may be a dick move to not give him the time off, they are entitled to not allow it to happen.

however dana is being such a dick. who the fuck is he to determine that gsp's problems aren't that bad? some things affect different people in different ways and dana, the asshole, probably doesn't care but a genuine good guy like gsp does. dana cannot relate so he shouldn't judge.
    Last edited by IceCold48; 11-17-2013 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I called it last night after watching the post fight interview: pussy. He's all twisted up over some pussy.
    ^^ This right there. GSP looked like was fighting back a lot of emotion in the presser after the fight and also the post fight interview right after the winner was announced. I really do believe you are onto something Kevo. If I had to bet money, I'd say GSP is all torn up over a chick
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

Hopefully it isn't anything negative. The last thing anyone would need is something negatively impacting their life. If he needs to step away for a prolonged period, he should be able to do so.

If it isn't anything terribly serious as Dana stated, let him take a couple of months off to clear his head before possibly coming back for the rematch. If he doesn't want to come back, he owes it to himself to drop the belt and step away if he wants to move on and not force himself to go through with it because he doesn't want to disappoint anyone.

5. Default

Kudo's to Kevo's call.
    If GSP needs personal time I'm fine with it, but his contract may say different. In the US we have FMLA Family Medical Leave Act, but GSP is Candian and not sure how it applies to contracts either.
    In the end how much time he needs is the issue. If he can't/ won't accept a fight in 8 or any predetermed months give up the belt.
    Maybe he just wants some time to answer the questions and fights in 6 months?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Comparing fighting and being a world famous fighter isnt accurate or fair.
    that is part of the point i am trying to make it is different. but it is a business and he is the employee, they are entitled to be dicks about it and make him fight.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I called it last night after watching the post fight interview: pussy. He's all twisted up over some pussy.
    I don't mean this with any rancor towards Georges at all, but I've been under the assumption he's been gay for a looong time now, and I immediately thought he was going to take some time and come out.

the LGBTQ community will go absolutely insane...and he'll become an even bigger PPV draw.

I'm probably wrong...but I certainly wouldn't be shocked.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    that is part of the point i am trying to make it is different. but it is a business and he is the employee, they are entitled to be dicks about it and make him fight.
    He's not really an employee though. He's an independent contractor that has only committed to the terms of his contract and likely within his contract there is stipulations for time frames when he has to fight within and contingencies for time off due to injury and personal issues.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I don't mean this with any rancor towards Georges at all, but I've been under the assumption he's been gay for a looong time now, and I immediately thought he was going to take some time and come out.

the LGBTQ community will go absolutely insane...and he'll become an even bigger PPV draw.

I'm probably wrong...but I certainly wouldn't be shocked.

rh
    If that were the case, I'd certainly like for him to come out and lift the burden of fear off of his back. And not having to hide it.

Again, that's if it turned out to be this way.

Thread Information