Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: GSP retirement: I'm going crazy, can't sleep, have issues, and need to get away

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I don't mean this with any rancor towards Georges at all, but I've been under the assumption he's been gay for a looong time now, and I immediately thought he was going to take some time and come out.

the LGBTQ community will go absolutely insane...and he'll become an even bigger PPV draw.

I'm probably wrong...but I certainly wouldn't be shocked.

rh
    That's exactly what I thought when I watched the presser. Maybe him and Rory's got something going on and was just upset with Rory's fight outcome. Or it could just be his mentor pressuring him to retire and that's messing his head? And he probably wants his mentor out of his life but doesn't know how to?
    After last nights presser, I really did feel sorry for gsp. Now I just want him to remain healthy and come back stronger than ever and beat Hendricks desicevely or just retire.

I just assume GSP's about to have an unplanned GSP Jr. That's all.
    That's exactly what I was thinking.
    Knocked Up some money hungry Ho and now she's threatening him with the kid and taking his money.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I don't mean this with any rancor towards Georges at all, but I've been under the assumption he's been gay for a looong time now, and I immediately thought he was going to take some time and come out.

the LGBTQ community will go absolutely insane...and he'll become an even bigger PPV draw.

I'm probably wrong...but I certainly wouldn't be shocked.

rh

i dont but the gay theory. if he all of this was because he was gay, why would this just be bothering him now? he is 30 something years old. i dont think people in their 30s just become gay out of now where and want to temporarily leave their job because of it.

the only way i can see this being the scenario is if someone is trying to extort him however i think the pregnancy theory is much more likely. it is something that might affect someone that much and something a dick like dana white would say isnt a big deal.

7. 11-18-2013, 09:43 AM

If I had to guess I am leaning more towards depression and the stress of being the top fighter on the planet has finally gotten to him.
    Dude, I’m a wrestler. I’m the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. That’s all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

I think it's more the constant pressure of training and staying in shape during his fights. Does he get to enjoy the money he's making when he's constantly doing press conferences and training and watching his diet? Add on that the pressure to fight/compete/win in front of millions people and the stress of everyone asking when he's going to lose. He could just be burned out from being on top so long. Maybe he didn't really plan on fighting far after 30? You have to take what he says carefully as he was tired, likely not in the best mind set, and speaking in his non native tongue. Let's hold the sexuality speculation for at least a few more interviews.
    The Jets have won more Superbowls than you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    If I had to guess I am leaning more towards depression and the stress of being the top fighter on the planet has finally gotten to him.
    Yeah, I'm with ya. Didn't Anderson Silva kind of say something like that after he lost?

I personally hope that he gets his head on straight, or whatever, and comes back more intense and focused. IF he doesn't retire, I think GSP comes back with a vengeance. Oh, and Dana White is being a bit of a douche about GSP needing some time off. Dana has to remember that besides everything Georges has done for him and the UFC, Dana needs him not the other way around. Give the poor guy a break.....
    Last edited by bingo; 11-18-2013 at 10:34 AM.
    et noli esse incredulus sed fidelis
    “Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.” –Albert Einstein

11. Default

Hey, who knows, it could be a very sick relative, recent changes in family(death, divorce, etc). Just because the guy handles stress very well in his professional life doesnt mean he can handle it in his personal life. I for one will hold out on speculation until there is some more concrete, less emotional statements issued from GSP's end.

Also, Dana needs to get on the same list of "I need a publicist" right behind Jones. Time for a filter between Dana and the media maybe?

Also also, if it does have something to do with GSP's sexuality, do what you gotta do man. I dont care who he wants to have sex with, as long as he's happy, and its not my girlfriend. The fact that its even this much of an issue (despite the fact that most of the opinions Ive read has been very supportive) shows me just how far from equality our society still is.

Thread Information