Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: GSP retirement: I'm going crazy, can't sleep, have issues, and need to get away

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Wouldn't it of been great had Dana came out and said: "GSP has been a great champion for the past 6 years, fought the toughest competition we could give him, towed the company line, and has been a great ambassador to the sport. If he needs some time off, he can have it. If we feel like he'll be gone for too long, we'll create an interim title. He hope nothing but the best and his mental health is extremely important to us. This is the only time I'll respond to this out of respect to Georges."
    You will never hear anything like that from Dana. He does not give a fuck about what his fighters have done or if they have personal problems, he just needs money at their expense.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Wouldn't it of been great had Dana came out and said: "GSP has been a great champion for the past 6 years, fought the toughest competition we could give him, towed the company line, and has been a great ambassador to the sport. If he needs some time off, he can have it. If we feel like he'll be gone for too long, we'll create an interim title. He hope nothing but the best and his mental health is extremely important to us. This is the only time I'll respond to this out of respect to Georges."
    Funny thing is that Bjorn, the supposed scumbag according to Dana White, would say something more to that accord.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Funny thing is that Bjorn, the supposed scumbag according to Dana White, would say something more to that accord.
    yeah well bjorn would love for a fighter to take time off from fighting as opposed to going to the ufc.

I don't know anyone who hasn't gotten to this point at work after doing it for many years.Fortunately for GSP he has money enough to quit,where the rest of us have to suck it up and keep going.I think he should give Hendricks a rematch before he goes anywhere,though.

GSP was going to retire had the crowd not been booing assholes and Rogan not held firmly to the mic.

Rogan: GSP should retire
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...should-retire/
    Joe Rogan appeared on The Opie & Anthony Show earlier this week, and said he thinks it is time for UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre to retire, and that he thinks GSP lost to Johny Hendricks Saturday night.

"I think Georges should retire," said Rogan as transcribed by MMAFighting.com. "One of the reasons I think Georges should retire is he was on my podcast and he was talking about being abducted by aliens. I was going, 'you think you've been abducted by aliens?' He starts talking about missing time. He started talking about driving his car and all of a sudden he's at home and he has no idea he got there. I think it's head kicks."

"That fight he had some serious memory loss. I think he's taken too many shots. An interesting statistic is that Georges has taken more punches and kicks in the last three fights than any of his fights, ever. In fact, 50% of the shots he's taken his entire career were in the last three fights. I think he should get out. I know the UFC probably doesn't want to hear me say that. I know that could be a huge rematch."

"I think they should just give Johny Hendricks the belt. I think Johny Hendricks won that fight. I think there's real problems with judging and I don't think there should be a way for a guy to win a fight, but yet lose a fight."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Not cool, Rogan. Not cool at all.

Georges St. Pierre refutes pregnancy report, ex-manager blames million-dollar lawsuit for 'personal problems'
    http://www.mmamania.com/2013/11/19/5...ve-lawsuit-mma
    Stephane Patry, who was the first man to professionally manage "GSP," believes that St-Pierre's lawsuit against ex-manager Shari Spencer is to blame for his fragile state of mind, as a verdict in her favor could cost him "several million dollars."

From 98.5 FM Sports (via Bloody Elbow):

"The only thing that I can think of, that I know of, is that between the period where I was his manager and his current management, he had a manager for three years, a woman named Shari Spencer. It didn't end well between them. When things ended between me and Georges, we stayed good friends but it ended very badly with Shari Spencer and I know she's suing him for several million dollars. I don't know if the lawsuit is advancing against Georges and he's gonna lose it but I don't see another problem. His parents are in good health, his two sisters too and he doesn't have health problems otherwise he couldn't fight ... He doesn't have any children either. At the moment he isn't married, he has someone in his life but that's not on this side either that's 100-percent sure. The only thing I can see is the lawsuit with his former manager."
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/11/1...atry-interview
    "Georges doesn't have children?"

Patry: "No, he doesn't have any children either. At the moment he isn't married, he has someone in his life but that's not on this side either that's 100% sure. The only thing I can see is the lawsuit with his former manager."
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 11-19-2013 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Not cool, Rogan. Not cool at all.
    Funny thing is, on that episode I remember Rogan goading it out of GSP about the aliens and then telling him they wouldnt want him saying anything that could impact his career.

And there Rogan is throwing it right back in his face.

i thought he was going to come out the closet but doesnt know how to...

Thread Information